Loosing interest fast....

Spectra Tex is a good paint and for the most part you should not have to thin it much if at all.

Thanks for the answer lol, I'm sitting in my car outside of michaels debating if I should wait for com art or get spectra cause I know you said comart would be best for me micron. But I can only get the comart if I buy it in a kit with a new iwata eclipse and that is tempting haha.
ubunupuj.jpg

Aspiring to get better.

I have not seen comart in a kit with an Iwata..but hey you need paint right? you have a bent needle right? I think it was supposed to be.... lol

Spectra tex is a great paint, never used comart but also have heard lots of good things, either or shld help and the neo shld serve you well through the learning curve..If money is an issue just buy one bottle of black and one bottle of white in the biggest bottle you can afford as then you can have months of practice paint plus when your feeling comfortable you can play around with some greyscale work..It def would have helped to know about the hooked/bent needle but a paint change is also going to help a lot..Is the needle bent or hooked as a hook is easy to fix with a light rub on some wet or dry..tape the wet and dry to a piece of glass and gently rub the hook out and keep rotating the needle as you do, be careful though to try not to change the angle of the needle where it seats in the nozzle (But do that as a last resort and only to extend the life of what you have, order a new one..and it may help give you an extra month or few of painting..good luck :)

Hmm this is an interesting post...As a complete noob who is still working on daggers and blends i find the strength of dislike for createx surprising. :)

I am using two Neo's (a gravity and a syphon) with createx colours and also createx wicked and have no problems. I reduce 1part paint 2 parts reducer @30psi Gravity/50psi Syphon, and after reading here i must be the luckiest person airbrushing.

Maybe a warm garage in the UK is the perfect space to use Createx and this avoids issues or maybe not, but i just wanted to say that there are some of us who use createx and it works as it should.

^ Nah your just spraying at extremely high pressures LOL, Createx is kinda designed for that so all good in that kind of scenario..For example I will generaly use 15-20 PSI (Sometimes even less for finer detail) for a gravity and I run my syphon on about 28-32 PSI (Nearly 20 PSI under your needs, 20 extra PSI can make a big difference)..I use ratio's like 15-1 for some layering effects so it really does come down to what you use it for and have found at higher reductions the createx binder seems to fail pretty quickly..and for finer detail at lower PSI you will find many may not recommend it,(especially for beginners that may not understand reductions and pressures all that good yet) but along the way I'm sure most have said its a good tshirt paint.....But the good thing is ultimately we all use what works for us, its just often we see beginners with paint issues and just by a simple swap it def cures a lot of probs for some..

Ahh that explains a lot...I have run at around 20 psi but at a much larger reduction.

i did start with createx unthinned because i was making my own stencils to spray my little girls t-shirts and sort of got hooked.

Have now made a few xbox controller stands (see vid link) which have gone well and kids i made them for love them...this is my lvl of airbrushing so fine detail and layering like you are doing is never going to be an issue :)

XBOX 360 Controller Rack - How to build an XBOX 360 controller stand - YouTube

But thanks to you i have now ordered some other paints to see...thanks a bunch ;0)

Off now to explain to the wife why i need more paint :S

oh man! i was on the same page as you! but then i said to myself - screw it! there is no rule on reduction and the pressure! just keep trying! i paint with trident paints and i found out that the black paint is i n c r e d i b l y strong. so i ended up with 30:10:1 (reducer:transparent base:paint) yeah! only one drop of black! and its still damn strong. :) just keep trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back