For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Lost: Dragon of the O.A.F.

Discussion in 'The OC Challenge!' started by JackEb, Feb 3, 2016.

1. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

You'd best be swift of feet, they're very fast and time is of the essence
    markjthomson likes this.
  2. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Yeah! Bring on the dragons.
  3. JackEb

Not long now Lady @Squishy and all will be posted in the village square for the realm to identify.

I've heard a lot of screaming and running footsteps, so I think the Dragons are on to us and fighting back. I hope that we survive to fight another day
  4. Squishy

Don't worry, if they get too feisty I will moon them again, and that will send them running. Just need to make sure all the trapped ones are secure first. I'm sure there will be plenty of gallant knights out there ready to put their lances into action.... to joust the dragons obviously......:whistling:
    JackEb and markjthomson like this.
  5. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Sunday Sunday Sunday... :) Squeeeel!! Very excited!
  6. JackEb

if I've had enough mead I may shift the close off to be the sunday night, (an extra day or two depending on your time zone) this will allow villagers time to finish off their beasts over the weekend instead of trying to fit it inbetween there menial day jobs :cool:

PS @markjthomson , that was a very girly squeal !! o_O
    markjthomson likes this.
  7. markjthomson

PS @markjthomson , that was a very girly squeal !! o_O[/QUOTE]

Thank you... I've been practicing!
    Madbrush, Squishy and JackEb like this.
  8. Squishy

Thank you... I've been practicing![/QUOTE]
    Like a damsel in distress :) (and not This dress, which I thought the saying was when I was a young un. Although, hey- whatever floats your boat lol)
    markjthomson and JackEb like this.
  9. JackEb

Stop dragon your arse and get your Dragons in to me by Midnight Sunday (your time) for village square judging. Anyone that's having issues uploading pics to me via PM just let me know and I'll provide an email address
    markjthomson likes this.
  10. markjthomson

YAY!! Hey maybe Lord Admington can help us get a picture uploading facility on the PM service... :)
  11. JackEb

There use to be and some still have it, but somewhere along the line some lost the ability !
  12. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

To upload a picture to a PM (conversation) it has to first be uploaded to an external source such your Google+ account if you have one or any cloud storage that allows sharing, once it's there you just right click it and copy it's URL and paste that into the box that opens up when you click on the little image icon next to the smileys at the top of the massage window, if I can do it, anyone can:)

I've always had a Google+ account because I can access everything important such as email, photos and any other documents from anywhere and from any device including my telly and playstation, I can even access my stuff from someone else's computer and even all my bookmarks and favourites appear on every device so I don't need to keep typing urls, I know you both know all this already but this more for those who maybe don't:)

EDIT: just to be clear, when your picture has been uploaded to your chosen external source, be sure to open the picture to its full size before right clicking it, if you right click the thumbnail, you'll post the thumbnail, also, photos on your Facebook or Twitter automatically have their own urls so you can copy and paste from there too.

And from mobile devices, clicking the share button will usually give you the option to "copy URL ";)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
    markjthomson and JackEb like this.
  13. markjthomson

@Madbrush wonderfully helpful as ever - thank you sir!
  14. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

No worries, I found it strange that PM function doesn't have the "upload a file" button, but I've discovered the reason for this that photos comping into a PM don't take up data space as the uploaded photos in the main forums do, basically if a photostudent in an external source were deleted at the source, they would also automatically dissappear from the PM and indeed any other location they were embedded, clearly photos in the main forum are visible to everyone whereas the photos in a conversation are only visible to those involved in the conversation, so it makes sense not use up data space with directly uploaded photos, the upside of the PM situation is that the images don't need to be resized or cropped, many of the external sources will automatically resize as soon as a photo arrives, I know that Facebook does that because I've retrieved some of my own photos from Facebook and discovered them to far poorer quality than the original, one photo taken with my phone was sent at 2.4 mb and came back at 480 kb, so obviously always keep your originals, cloud storage such as ms one drive and Google drive keep the original size, I use one drive because I get 100 go instead of the 15 gb available on google drive, I do use Google drive though when I have to back up my phone's data including installed apps to setup a new phone/tablet/computer easily.
    markjthomson likes this.