Madworks - Who makes these?

Colin F

Double Actioner
I see the company is in Taiwan. They appear to use Eclipse style drop in nozzles (at least in one of their guns, but not the others), but it has a MAC valve unlike the Eclipse. I’ve never seen this nozzle used in another brush. The sizes available are the same at .35 and .5, but the .35 isn’t the split design like in the Eclipse.

IMG_1115.jpeg

As a brand "Madworks", they have a pretty broad product line. Well beyond airbrushes, which leads me to think they are most likely branded from another manufacturer. The other brushes in the line look very Sparmax to me, which would have me guessing at something like Densei Air as a possible maker... there are some very good shops in Taiwan.

As a brand "Madworks", they have a pretty broad product line. Well beyond airbrushes, which leads me to think they are most likely branded from another manufacturer. The other brushes in the line look very Sparmax to me, which would have me guessing at something like Densei Air as a possible maker... there are some very good shops in Taiwan.
Yeah I know Densei is making Neo parts…maybe they’re getting Eclipse parts from Japan for these Madworks brushes? The head systems look identical.

They make much more than Neo parts. I would doubt anything comes from Japan, though... and I doubt they are "Iwata" based. Simply similar, or even compatible. There is a long history of this sort of practice between Japan and Taiwan. Something is usually different, like a thread pitch here or there, or a final dimension of a critical part...

Back