Making templates and mask

RichardH

Detail Decepticon!
I just watched a video of someone making a template. This person used a lamanating machine.
I have a lamanating machine and it never crossed my mind to make a template with it.
Print the photo or object you want to use and run it through the lamanating machine between the clear acetate. Then just cut out what is needed or not needed and you have a reusable positive and negative of the thing you want to airbrush.
Neat idea and I'll try it out today.

Richard

I have seen that video years ago . Most people have never seen a laminating machine LOL But it works and gives you a template that last

I use it if I need a custom template or just the laminate sheets for a soft mask that wont leave hard edges and those sheets are perfect to trace parts you lost or forgot to trace in the first place

I have seen that video years ago . Most people have never seen a laminating machine LOL But it works and gives you a template that last

Hey Herb
I started thinking :sus::confused: would the small exposed sheet of paper after cutting through both sheets of lamanate, would the paper absorb some of the paint and make it sorta useless to reuse. Maybe not enough to worry about though. I'll give it a try today.
I've only used my machine to make a printed circuit board layout when I was making circuit boards for electronic projects.

the paper would absorb and there is always a risk that your mask will de laminate if I need a custom mask/shield I run the laminate sheets trough the machine with out any thing between it

Back