Mallard Duck look

G

GhostDog

I use the airbrush to augment my wood carvings. I am currently doing several mallard ducks utilizing an old wood golf club head. I would like to airbrush the head to look like the mallard - best I can describe would be an iridescent look (I guess you could google a mallard to see what I am trying to achieve).

Any recommendations on a paint to use - is there such a thing as iridescent paint - is that what I really want?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide this newbie.

i attached a picture of a loon I just did for a neighbor - I did airbrush the body and head - but was simply black!

Dual Loon.jpg

Great way to make a good use of a golf club! What a waste of a good walk that game is! (All golf lovers please scream here! LOL) Have you tried looking at pearl paints? They have that kind of look, and as far as I know most of the popular airbrush paint brands do this. Or if you';re using uro's, you could try the flip paints, I believe there is one that flips from green to purple that might be good.

Not much help, sorry!

That is a good use of an old club. I know Golden makes an iridescent paint in different colours. It is a brush on paint but I'm sure you can thin it with some medium.

Back