Masking

R

rjs5244

Would someone be able to point me the dirction of a good masking tutorial video? Somthing including a how to and also perhaps something that goes over the different types you can use?

There are few vids on you tube about masking but they are job specific, because of my job I've been masking over 40 years but it's almost second nature now, something I do without thinking about it.

If you have a specific task in mind and want help with how to approach it, post it here and I'll give you all the advice I can, masking can be an art in it'self and has a broad variety of uses and applications, too broad for me to put into one post.

If you are unsure in the mean time, don't buy any tape until you have further info, there are fine line tapes available but stay away from these, I will address that for you when I know what you need and at the same time save you wasted dollars by prescribing the right tape for particular applications.

I don't really have a specific task in mind. In-fact, I really didn't have real reason to buy an AB other than it looked like fun. When I asked the question I supposes I was referring to being able to use it as a stencil. Again, I have no medium in mind or design, I just thought I'd learn more about it before I decide to buy some. I will definitely look on youtube, thats a good idea. Thanks!

masking and stencilling are 2 different things really, but your in the right place...for cheap stencil material you can use laminate pockets our if its a one off just paper will do....masking is more a temporary thing just to black something off while you paint another bit....check out my max biaggi thread for a ball ache masking job

Ok ill check that out. Haha, I had every intention of buying one.. I saved up for an air compressor first and a couple week after I bought that someone gave me my an airbrush that had been delivered to their house but no one had ordered it and they never used it. I couldn't believe it, I've never had luck like that!

have you done any research, do you know what kind it is.....I mean branded our knock off?

hahaha.. Yeah I've done a lot of research on it. Its a paasche millennium siphon fed. I think they refer to it also as the mil 3. Im not sure how quality it is, it runs around $80. The kit I have comes in a wooden box with 2 bottles, a metal cup (similar to what is on top of a gravity fed), hose, 1, 3, and 5 needle/tip sizes. I really did luck out. I dont expect I'll have any luck left over for the rest of the year.

hahaha.. Yeah I've done a lot of research on it. Its a paasche millennium siphon fed. I think they refer to it also as the mil 3. Im not sure how quality it is, it runs around $80. The kit I have comes in a wooden box with 2 bottles, a metal cup (similar to what is on top of a gravity fed), hose, 1, 3, and 5 needle/tip sizes. I really did luck out. I dont expect I'll have any luck left over for the rest of the year.

Sounds just like the brush I first used. Great little brush to learn on. You'll be able to do a lot with it. Get the basics down, learn how to sling paint, and find the fun in airbrushing. Now, go get some paint, watch Mitch's tutorial videos, and learn how much fun and how addicting airbrushing can be!

I tried to post a link, but I haven't been a member long enough to do so apparently, But, if you'll go to Youtube, and do a search for "Ryno's Airbrush Getaway Flame Layout Demo" you should find it very helpful. I know I did.

I tried to post a link, but I haven't been a member long enough to do so apparently, But, if you'll go to Youtube, and do a search for "Ryno's Airbrush Getaway Flame Layout Demo" you should find it very helpful. I know I did.

Here it is Air_fx, thanks for the tip

[video=youtube;-NCisrORES4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCisrORES4[/video]

Back