Maybe the worlds finest airbrush?

Thanks so much for the comment on the two, Jack. I was considering the CM-B but now I think I'll be happier with the CM-SB 'Sidewinder.'
If it's good enough for you, Marissa, and Dru . . . who am I to question?

You shouldn't put my name with Dru or Marissa... it drags their credibility down :D

I am merely offering what I have experienced with the two... no scientific proof, no benefit from recommending one over the other, just my humble opinion :cool:

Lol!!!
After another tired night of use, I have to say the level of control is so much more! Something that is counter intuitive really - I thought Dru had it wrong (should of known better) even Iwata developed a taller trigger for more control! It's going to take some time to used to it, hopefully should make me control the brush a little better too, less travel equals tighter strokes :)

Paul, my take has always been that a taller trigger helps make up for a lack of fine motor skills. With a taller trigger, you need to move the trigger a longer distance to get the same amount of needle travel vs. a short trigger. I think this (taller trigger) allows people that might not have the greatest hand/eye coordination to feel like they have more control, and may feel a bit more forgiving to use.

Thanks so much for the comment on the two, Jack. I was considering the CM-B but now I think I'll be happier with the CM-SB 'Sidewinder.'
If it's good enough for you, Marissa, and Dru . . . who am I to question?

David, it really will come down to a matter of personal preference. I have both, and wind up using the "B" much more often. I think many people also feel like they have more freedom in hand placement, and trigger finger placement on the side feed, as it can feel a bit restrictive on the gravity feed brushes. The way I use my trigger on the "B" gives me plenty of room - but I am also using a shorter trigger than the new V2. I personally have not seen any difference in the kind of detail I can get out of either. To further the personal preference idea - I do have a fair number of other brushes in many configurations - overall, I find that a "gravitate" towards the gravity feed brushes more than the side feed - even though I can sight no performance difference between them.

Honestly, either/or, I don't think you could go wrong, they are wonderful tools!

I've got the micron sb and a hp-b obviously the micron gets finer detail but I'm ok with either side feed or the gravity feed of the b.
Lee

I want a side feed for the super duper mega important reason of... I don't own one yet ;) For some bizarre reason, I'm thinking of getting an H&S Grafo.

Back