Messuring Colour with a needle...

K

Kapsel

Hey Girls and Guys.
Here is a little something from a wannabe/newbie.

Looking at the way for making graytones and other,i thought that i could do it a bit easyer
than that, i mean 150:1... come on...my life is too short, for that...
And lucky me, ive got some injection needles for PrinterInk and stuff.
I dont know what its is called in English???...SYRINGE* ????????
They came in different sizes and messurings:
E.i.
10 ml measuerment 0.5
05 ml 0.2
02 ml 0.1
So it is actually a relative easy and quick way, to make a small amount of blended paint that way.

Some good things:
Compared to AirBrush stuff they are cheap in a Drugstore. (in Denmark 0.4 Euro)
You can leave the paint in the needle for a relative long periode, without drying out.
Easy to handle ( i use these small glass for jam 30ml, and i drill a small hole (0.2mm) in the lid
so it is easy to seal again with a piece of Tape:)
The messurement is in Ml, so the different in viscocity (Drops size/ColourPicment)isnt a problem.

04 001b.jpg

Some isue:
You must buy the "big" Needle (code red) i have tryed the Yellow one and find them too small....or
you could try to use them as a filter....??
As it is for O-Rings it isnt good to store paint in theese "needles"/Syringes for long periodes.
I have tryed to store O-rings in almost every liquid for AirBrush...and i have to say that ,
EVERY Liquid/Cleaner/Reduser/Thinner (No Brand Named and no one forgotten) eat them all in(NO)time:(
The material in The Syringes is(Seems to be) almost the same as in O-Rings, so do not store Paint, for a longer
time in these.(Sorry).
Henrik

Some good advice and something that certainly helps when learning how to make any color or for future color reference needs. Every beginner should do this and create a color journal.Knowing exactly how much of what goes into a particular color mix is the most effecient way to use paint and ultimately save you money in the long run. personally many of us move on from this and mix on the fly as the experiance is there to do so but on occasions I still find myself pulling out a mixing cup, I personally use the syringes (They have no needle) or medicine cups out of my kids medicine packets, they also can be purchased pretty cheap as I don't like having anything with a needle close to my workstation as no doubt I'd end up accidently sticking myself with it and I don't think a direct infusion of paint is a good idea LOL..:) Bourban is good enough LOL

Some good advice and something that certainly helps when learning how to make any color or for future color reference needs. Every beginner should do this and create a color journal.Knowing exactly how much of what goes into a particular color mix is the most effecient way to use paint and ultimately save you money in the long run. personally many of us move on from this and mix on the fly as the experiance is there to do so but on occasions I still find myself pulling out a mixing cup, I personally use the syringes (They have no needle) or medicine cups out of my kids medicine packets, they also can be purchased pretty cheap as I don't like having anything with a needle close to my workstation as no doubt I'd end up accidently sticking myself with it and I don't think a direct infusion of paint is a good idea LOL..:) Bourban is good enough LOL

I really liked the idea you describe on the Airbrush Answers website creating a Rolodex of color cards. I'll be building one as I go.

Tah Helio, hope it helps..We often discuss wasting paint, color mixing especially in the early days wastes more than anything..keeping track of how to make a color is cheaper LOL..When its all said and done, every color you ever make, even those by accident can be replicated exactly if you know what went in it, especially for those that link to scrimp on their paint by only using a few drops here or there, normally they run out and it can be hard to remake a color exactly unless ya know what went in in the first place..For example, add only and extra drop or two of white can make all the difference and if you do often run out of paint cause ya haven't mixed enough, a simple idea like kapsel presented can make life soooo much easier LOL

good idea. I have a few syringes without needles from my kids medicines.

Kapsel, syringes you use for WB paint are good but when you're going to make your measurments with urethanes it's better to use the syringes with plastic valves but not rubber due to their ability to soak with the urethane's thinner.

Back