For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

micron cm-c plus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting!' started by paulcouk, Jan 30, 2017.

1. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

If you are using Createx Colors, here is the commen t form the manufacturer... "Createx Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 40 � 50 PSI." http://createxcolors.com/airbrushcolors.html If you are using this then the pigment is too large for your brush.

These come in transparent, not really intended for microns... they can be reduced. Just because it's transparent doesn't mean it will go through the brush!

If you are working with the PDF tutorial you will see on page 3 under equipment used that the painting is done in Com-Art colours. Similar paints would be Createx Illustration, Golden high flow, Schminke but not Createx colors.

Createx Illustration... Much better for what you are wanting... http://www.createxcolors.com/illustration.html If it is over two years old give it a try but a REALLY good stir first.

Wicked should be OK.
  2. paulcouk

paulcouk Young Tutorling

3. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Yes that's correct and the transparents he is using are com-art, go up 2 pages, little square in bottom left side of the page. You now know not all transparent are created equal. By all means use the createx colors they will work BUT they are intended for a 0.5mm nozzle, not a 0.23mm nozzle.
  4. paulcouk

paulcouk Young Tutorling

Thanks for all you help
    I dident read page 3 right........ took a time to get pic up
    Im relay grateful
    I remember reading the wicked had smaller size pigment ( I think )
    markjthomson likes this.
  5. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Glad someone beat me to it while I was driving to work :)

It can get really confusing when starting out, opaques/transparents/reducers/bases ugh, why cant it be simple !!
    when I first started I used Createx illustration and reducer the result was lots of spidering, lots of hair pulling and telling myself I was doing something wrong, it shouldn't be this hard....... I had the transparent base but didn't really know what it was for at the beginning.
    Now I use the transparent base (think of it as clear paint) when I want to reduce the colour intensity but not the viscosity of the paint, just use reducer to thin the paint if I'm working tiny detail at low pressure.

It will make more sense as your journey progresses and things start to make sense, you'll get a lot of ' Oh ! THATS what they were talking about ' moments.

we are here to help and guide those willing to learn.
  6. paulcouk

paulcouk Young Tutorling

Thanks.....you said it all in the thread that's how im feel at the moment
    because all my
  7. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

we all started the same way, saying the same things
    why isn't it working
    why cant I do this
    why is it spidering
    I'm never gonna 'get it'
    its all to frustrating.......
    and the all time favorite
    'but I've cleaned my brush'

stick with it. when you have a problem, are getting confused or just need to vent then just pop up a post if you cant find your answer on the forum. You wont be the first to want to tear your hair out and play darts with your airbrush and you certainly wont be the last.

It was only a few years ago that I started, so I remember how it was. It does get better, if it hadn't been for this forum I would have probably chucked everything in the bin. but instead, the gang all rallied around and held my hand and guided me along. I can now paint something recognisable :)
    I'm am now a proud member of our fictitious AAD (Airbrush Aquisiton Disorder) and have more airbrushes than hands and enough paint to last me a few years.
    Squishy likes this.