For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Micron cm-sb cleaning??

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by PCAuto, Apr 19, 2017.

1. PCAuto

PCAuto Young Tutorling

Hey guys...

Just purchased the iwata micron side feed cm-sb, which is my first side feed brush. I use siphon and gravity, and am familiar with the cleaning process for those two styles. My question being, how do I properly clean the side feed micron? Is it just like a gravity feed, where I can simply poor cleaner into the cup and run it through? Thanks!
  2. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Yes water/cleaning fluid in the cup is fine, I find stripping the cup from time to time helps with flow too :)
  3. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Yep, just like Paul mentions, if you remove the cup from time to time, especially while running water or cleaner through, it helps to clean the hole and paint passage. Other than that, the same as any other brush.
  4. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I'd suggest taking the bottom off the cup too. Remove the white plastic disc DONT LOSE IT, clean underneath the cup, clean the disc and the bottom you've removed. (this is what MacD was refering to with the 'stripping the cup' comment)
    I had dark paint specks on a white spray, took me awhile to find where it was hiding, it gets messy under there :D
    DaveG likes this.