Mixing paint in bigger bottles?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
I got today 960ml wicked white, I am still waiting for 960ml Wicked jet black. Here is my question. I still have some white in 60ml bottle. But when I run out of it, do I need to watch our for anything special? I tried to see if 960ml bottle has that ball inside like 60ml for mixing, but I didn't hear anything inside. So I suspect there is no ball for mixing inside. Do i need to do something special or any trick to mix that color good before I poor it in to the smaller bottle?

thanks for help.

I'm almost curtain that you're not suppose to do anything with the paint (big bottle) unless you're going to use it. 960 ml is much too paint to use at once, unless you're doing an entire car. If you mix it with reducer it starts a countdown so you don't want your paint mixed unless you'll use it.

probably you'll got a way to poor it into the 60ml bottle, so do that. IDK any other way, but you'll be informed better.

Sorry didn't understood the question!:D

I'm almost curtain that you're not suppose to do anything with the paint (big bottle) unless you're going to use it. 960 ml is much too paint to use at once, unless you're doing an entire car. If you mix it with reducer it starts a countdown so you don't want your paint mixed unless you'll use it.
I him he means to stir it to mix the binder and paint not reducer and paint.

damn and my english. I need to shake that bottle so pigments are nicely all over the bottle.
So the paint will be consistent whenever i poor from big bottle to smaller one.

I don't wanna reduce it. But if I understand correctly i need to mix the paint inside of that bottle before I poor it in to the smaller one so pigments are evenly all over the paint -.-

mainly if you turn the bottle (closed) upside down then right side up and use the mixer you have it should mix the paint up .
You could also use a clothes hanger bent to fit in the bottle and attach it to a drill . Mainly you are making a longer paint mixer.

mainly if you turn the bottle (closed) upside down then right side up and use the mixer you have it should mix the paint up .
You could also use a clothes hanger bent to fit in the bottle and attach it to a drill . Mainly you are making a longer paint mixer.
Those are some cool tricks. Thanks, gonna do just that.

When I have empty bottles of paint, (2-4oz) I save the marbles. I use 2 of them in the big size and make sure it is mixed like crazy before I put it in smaller bottles. I also clean and save a few smaller bottles to pour into.

When I have empty bottles of paint, (2-4oz) I save the marbles. I use 2 of them in the big size and make sure it is mixed like crazy before I put it in smaller bottles. I also clean and save a few smaller bottles to pour into.
thanks for ideas.

Back