Moisture trap recommendations

@Lonekimono http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Air-Compressor-Filter-HDA70403AV/100027474 you will need one 1/4 inch male to male nipple . Take the female quick connect off the outlet of the regulator, and put the male to male there. Then put the moisture trap on, ( make sure you put the on in the correct direction -> there will be an arrow on the top or side of that trap to tell you which way the air is supposed to go) .. After the trap is in place, put your quick connect back on. You will be in decent shape. Having said all that, if you find you are in an especially humid area, I recommend adding a tampon to the bowl area. Yes, you read that right. you will have to swap it out of the clear bowl area once in a while depending on the water in your air, but I promise you it will do its job, (i.e. absorbing the moisture) even further!

@Lonekimono . Having said all that, if you find you are in an especially humid area, I recommend adding a tampon to the bowl area. Yes, you read that right. you will have to swap it out of the clear bowl area once in a while depending on the water in your air, but I promise you it will do its job, (i.e. absorbing the moisture) even further!

now that's the way to come to the forum. Useful (if not left of centre) advice from someone with experience...... I would have never thought to put those on my 'airbrush' shopping list.....

@JackEb I have been using those "auxiliary moisture trap" additions for years. (We are about 150 yards from the ocean, including the sand :) ) Just make sure you guys buy the generic ones, name brands will kill your wallet! lol

@JackEb I have been using those "auxiliary moisture trap" additions for years. (We are about 150 yards from the ocean, including the sand :) ) Just make sure you guys buy the generic ones, name brands will kill your wallet! lol

"auxiliary moisture trap additions" could be a good marketing campaign lol

do you buy them yourself or do you get a nearby female to put them through the checkout LOL. You'd get some looks doing it yourself, just make sure you buy a chocolate bar at the same time . . .. .

"auxiliary moisture trap additions" could be a good marketing campaign lol

do you buy them yourself or do you get a nearby female to put them through the checkout LOL. You'd get some looks doing it yourself, just make sure you buy a chocolate bar at the same time . . .. .
Chocolate bar? Walk up with a fishing pole and tell the person behind the counter ( It looks like I won't be doing anything for a week so I might as well go FISHING! :D:D:D:D:D:D

@Lonekimono http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Air-Compressor-Filter-HDA70403AV/100027474 you will need one 1/4 inch male to male nipple . Take the female quick connect off the outlet of the regulator, and put the male to male there. Then put the moisture trap on, ( make sure you put the on in the correct direction -> there will be an arrow on the top or side of that trap to tell you which way the air is supposed to go) .. After the trap is in place, put your quick connect back on. You will be in decent shape. Having said all that, if you find you are in an especially humid area, I recommend adding a tampon to the bowl area. Yes, you read that right. you will have to swap it out of the clear bowl area once in a while depending on the water in your air, but I promise you it will do its job, (i.e. absorbing the moisture) even further!

This reminds me of a movie I watched recently about some high school kids that entered an underwater robotics competition. They used tampons to keep the electronics from getting wet. Of course, the kid who came up with the idea was forced to go in the store and buy them! He found some lady that looked nice and she helped him pick out what they needed lol.

Back