MOLOTOW One4All Refills

Z

ziplague

Just got a sample of Molotow one4all refill colors, gave them a try, and damn! they are just AMAZING. Easy to dilute with acetone or water, dry instantly, tip dry rarely happens once you get the pressure right, applies to all surfaces, and most importantly, a 180 ml undiluted bottle costs 14 euros, which is the same price (in sweden) as the createx or etac 100 ml bottles.

Has anyone tried them? if not, i suggest giving them a try, really fun to work with, cheaper than others with the same if not better quality, and much easier to clean!

I have the white only. It is very opaque but I did get quite a bit of tip dry. But I think it's the fact that it is white. I would love to try more colours but over here it is very expensive. I do have a few of their markers, which uses the same ink, and few cans of spray paint. I use that to cover my canvases and I use their matt clear as a final varnish.

I have the white only. It is very opaque but I did get quite a bit of tip dry. But I think it's the fact that it is white. I would love to try more colours but over here it is very expensive. I do have a few of their markers, which uses the same ink, and few cans of spray paint. I use that to cover my canvases and I use their matt clear as a final varnish.

They have a huuuuge array of colors, and the markers can be used instead of pin-striping to some extend, they're amazing :)

But the paint in the cans is not the same as in the refills/markers. It needs acetone to or thinners to thin and not water. It dries much faster then the refills.

I have not heard of these paints, but I am interested in the markers as I cannot pinstripe. Are they lightfast do you know?

I have not heard of these paints, but I am interested in the markers as I cannot pinstripe. Are they lightfast do you know?

It is lightfast Squishy. They use car paint pigments. Just remember it's waterbased so you will have to clear over it.

But the paint in the cans is not the same as in the refills/markers. It needs acetone to or thinners to thin and not water. It dries much faster then the refills.

Yeah, they have a dozen of different kinds of paints. Some are amazing for large coverage, they are thick as grease, amazing stuff.
Got a nice set of colors now.
The big bottles are the automotive translucents, The smaller ones are the molotow, and the wicked colors. Made my own reducer based on a home-brew i found on the forum, works great.
I will be assembling my first finished bicycle today, so will post some pics today or tomorrow.

WP_20130513_0112.jpg

How is it fir the price of a smaller bottle they sell those too right?

I don't know about Europe but down here the big bottle, 180ml, costs double that of the small bottle, 30ml, but is is 6 times the size. I will never finish a 180ml and the 30ml is just too expensive then. So I stick to the cheaper brands.

Compared to createx, they are considerably cheaper and more versatile. In my case, they stick to enamel paint with no pooling at all, of course they do need to be cleared at the end, but still. for 50 euros i got 540 ml Total (red, blue, yellow) of thick molotow paint, compared to createx, for the same price i got 300 ml (red, blue, yellow, white, black, reducer). Once you dilute them both, the difference is huge. The biggest advantage is that molotow can be used outdoors in street art too, pen fillers, markers etc...
Not dissing createx or anything, i just think they are overpriced, so i've been looking for substitutes ever since i got them.

They also have an amazing product called Masking Liquid, it works like a masking tape but you apply it like a marker, you simply paint the area you want to mask, then you can paint over it and when you're finished you just peel off the masking liquid, and voila, you've got yourself a quick design. Works great for masking small details without having to cut with exacto knives and risking cutting the paint or even worse peeling off the old paint with the tape.
Awesome tool.

I know you get masking fluid in other brands as well. How long does the Molotow one take to dry?

I know you get masking fluid in other brands as well. How long does the Molotow one take to dry?

haven't tried it yet, but depends on the thickness. generally not more than 10 seconds if you blow on it.

So this stuff is a no for erasing? Ive ran outta wicked black and white and dont want new so i will replace wicked with these. Would be cool if u could use some scratch techniques.

Yeah, definitely paint for markes is great thing, but i think its very expensive. I have an idea of using paint from spraycans. I used search but havent found anything about it.
Spraycans are the waaaaay cheaper than refils, the paint is thick but i think some thinner can be used, acetone for example.
Have anyone tried this?

Yeah, definitely paint for markes is great thing, but i think its very expensive. I have an idea of using paint from spraycans. I used search but havent found anything about it.
Spraycans are the waaaaay cheaper than refils, the paint is thick but i think some thinner can be used, acetone for example.
Have anyone tried this?

I don't think spray cans would be any cheaper. I don't know how you would get the paint out, but even if you managed to do that, it's not full of 400ml paint, it's only 100ml paint and the rest is other chemicals for pressure and spraying. Refills are not that expensive for the amount you get, if you dilute the 180ml refill you get LOADS!
Anyway, good luck with the spray paint.

I have decanted my black and it was a disaster. The decanting worked 100% (Decanting Spray Paint - Part One - YouTube) But as soon as you put the paint in the airbrush it dries up. It is made to dry extremely fast because of what it is used for in the graffiti market where you need to lay down many colours over each other in a a very short time and that it does not run. Then it was a mission getting the airbrush clean.

I have decanted my black and it was a disaster. The decanting worked 100% (Decanting Spray Paint - Part One - YouTube) But as soon as you put the paint in the airbrush it dries up. It is made to dry extremely fast because of what it is used for in the graffiti market where you need to lay down many colours over each other in a a very short time and that it does not run. Then it was a mission getting the airbrush clean.

HAHA XD

How much liquid paint did you get from a can?

Back