Mr. Air Brush Custom 0.18mm by GSI Creos - Thoughts?

P

Panorama Mann

So I've scoured the web for every obscure bit of AB information I can find. At one point in my research, I came across a pretty cool AB from Japan's Mr. Hobby line. It's the top AB in the line of ABs that include the "Procon Boy" series. These are supposed to be quality pieces, and I've heard good things about the Procon Boy ABs. On the other hand, however, I have yet to hear anything about this specific AB. Here's a picture of it:

Mr. Airbrush Custom.JPG

These go for about $250. If anyone has actually used one of these, please share your experience. It's driving me crazy that I can't find any first-hand reviews of this AB. Also, the only reviews I've seen and read about the "Procon Boy" ABs come from users that do model work exclusively, so I'd love to hear from anyone who uses one of these for fine art. Look forward to your thoughts. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool, but I've never heard of them. I am an airbrush hoarder, but wouldn't dish out that kind of cash on something that I've never heard of on this forum.

Amazon has a GSI Creos Mr. Procon Boy FWA Airbrush, 0.2mm for $79.

If you are looking for a good Japanese Brush, go to the Olympos website, they have their .23 MP-200C for about $150 shipped to the U.S.

I
Looks cool, but I've never heard of them. I am an airbrush hoarder, but wouldn't dish out that kind of cash on something that I've never heard of on this forum.

Amazon has a GSI Creos Mr. Procon Boy FWA Airbrush, 0.2mm for $79.

If you are looking for a good Japanese Brush, go to the Olympos website, they have their .23 MP-200C for about $150 shipped to the U.S.

I've seen your posts and the pics of your ever-growing collection. Very nice! I've been eyeing up the Olympos lately, so it's nice to hear that you approve. I've only heard good things about Olympos, with the only downside being parts availability (although those complaints were on old posts, and it seems like parts can be ordered without much trouble). Are they still using all rubber seals? Also, I use Com-Art almost exclusively, and I'm thinking about switching to E'tac, so the rubber seals shouldn't be an issue. Does that sound right to you?

I

I've seen your posts and the pics of your ever-growing collection. Very nice! I've been eyeing up the Olympos lately, so it's nice to hear that you approve. I've only heard good things about Olympos, with the only downside being parts availability (although those complaints were on old posts, and it seems like parts can be ordered without much trouble). Are they still using all rubber seals? Also, I use Com-Art almost exclusively, and I'm thinking about switching to E'tac, so the rubber seals shouldn't be an issue. Does that sound right to you?

I'll probably be ordering the MP-200C shortly, I have no restraint. :laugh:

Here is a screenshot from their site with a spare needle packing, it says Teflon. Rubber seals shouldn't be effected by WB paints, but I would still rather have Teflon.
Packing Seal.PNG

I would be very careful... If its so difficult to find information or advice whats it going to be like for spares?

Thanks to all for your opinions! Because nobody has heard of this, I'm definitely staying away. If some brave soul ever decides to try this thing, I should mention that a full stock of replacement parts are available for this gun on the Mr. Hobby website.

Ad Fez, thanks for the info about the Infinity. I spoke with Clive and decided to pass since the shipping costs to the United States made the deal less attractive. Although, I'm sure someone is going to be the happy new owner of that sweet set soon.

Jagardn, thanks for reminding me about the deal on the Olympos MP-200C. I just bought one this evening. :thumbsup:Should be here in less than a week. I'll let you know how it goes (unless you already bought one, in which case you can let me know how it goes!)

Thanks to all for your opinions! Because nobody has heard of this, I'm definitely staying away. If some brave soul ever decides to try this thing, I should mention that a full stock of replacement parts are available for this gun on the Mr. Hobby website.

Ad Fez, thanks for the info about the Infinity. I spoke with Clive and decided to pass since the shipping costs to the United States made the deal less attractive. Although, I'm sure someone is going to be the happy new owner of that sweet set soon.

Jagardn, thanks for reminding me about the deal on the Olympos MP-200C. I just bought one this evening. :thumbsup:Should be here in less than a week. I'll let you know how it goes (unless you already bought one, in which case you can let me know how it goes!)

I'm sure you won't regret it. It should outperform my HP-100SB, which is awesome.

Hey, If it makes you feel any better about yourself, I just placed an order too.

[Item]:MP-200C (Simple packaging)【Special price】【trial price】 18,360yen x 1 18,360yen
[Item]:Needle for HP-100SB 2,376yen x 1 2,376yen
[Item]:Needle for MP-200C 2,916yen x 1 2,916yen
[Item]:Nozzle for HP-100SB  3,024yen x 1 3,024yen
[Item]:Nozzle base set for MP-200C 12,960yen x 1 12,960yen

Hey, I was going to buy the Micron anyway, and since I was, I might as well order spares for my HP-100SB to save on shipping later right?
Damn it, I really do have a problem.... o_O

Last edited:
Hey, If it makes you feel any better about yourself, I just placed an order too.

[Item]:MP-200C (Simple packaging)【Special price】【trial price】 18,360yen x 1 18,360yen
[Item]:Needle for HP-100SB 2,376yen x 1 2,376yen
[Item]:Needle for MP-200C 2,916yen x 1 2,916yen
[Item]:Nozzle for HP-100SB  3,024yen x 1 3,024yen
[Item]:Nozzle base set for MP-200C 12,960yen x 1 12,960yen

Hey, I was going to buy the Micron anyway, and since I was, I might as well order spares for my HP-100SB to save on shipping later right?
Damn it, I really do have a problem.... o_O

That justification works for me! Hey, you saved yourself 1,500 yen on shipping costs! But seriously, you just can't beat that trial price on the MP 200. Brilliant!

That justification works for me! Hey, you saved yourself 1,500 yen on shipping costs! But seriously, you just can't beat that trial price on the MP 200. Brilliant!

$150 or so bucks for the performance of an Iwata CMC +, can't possibly turn that down, not with my hoarding obsession. :D

$150 or so bucks for the performance of an Iwata CMC +, can't possibly turn that down, not with my hoarding obsession. :D
Im gonna be in the market soon Jeff, i like the Krome but i like the weight of my otber brushes better.. Keep us updated Olympus sounds nice... However i have no idea how to figure yen..

Is that the one that looks like the CM-C? Wonder if it has the same cup?

I went on the olympos site to buy one of these. Got confused because of translation and stuff. It says trial. Is this a floor model/demo brush? It also says 'pickup' next to it. Does that mean I have to pick it up, or will is ship? I would hate to buy this and not get it because they expect me to pick it up in japan...

I went on the olympos site to buy one of these. Got confused because of translation and stuff. It says trial. Is this a floor model/demo brush? It also says 'pickup' next to it. Does that mean I have to pick it up, or will is ship? I would hate to buy this and not get it because they expect me to pick it up in japan...

No, they are not demos. They are new. The trial price is a discount they are running for international orders to help promote their products abroad. Pickup is just a term they use to classify their deals. All orders to to the United States are sent by Japan Post express mail.

Thank you. Seemed like too good a deal and made me a little suspicious.

Back