Multilayer stencil questions

I own a few reapers from Uli... They are very nice, but they look wicked stencily.

Yes Uli stencils are awesome but 100% stencil for his. They require no freehand work really so they tend to have a very stenciled look. The one I had I ordered on eBay there's quite a few mtilayer ones on there that require mostly freehand.

Stencils are really a way of transferring an image to a surface, and look best when you use them to fog in the area to give you a guide as to where everything goes, then you freehand in the detail. Just straight spraying them wont match the image shown. Stencils do make it easier, but just work on developing those other skills too and it will all come together. Then when you are a bit more confident you will be able to make your own or do without them altogether :)

Stencils are really a way of transferring an image to a surface, and look best when you use them to fog in the area to give you a guide as to where everything goes, then you freehand in the detail. Just straight spraying them wont match the image shown. Stencils do make it easier, but just work on developing those other skills too and it will all come together. Then when you are a bit more confident you will be able to make your own or do without them altogether :)
Yea I still rely heavily on stencils, I can freehand details but when I try to freehand EVERYTHING from scratch things tend to be misshaped and whatnot lol I'M not a pro like most of you but I can get the job done lol learning everyday. And despite what everyone says, stencils really help jumpstart your airbrushing skills!
Just make sure to keep practicing tour freehand for the details and use the stencils as guide layers only.

Back