For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Multilayer Stencils

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by Thiago, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

Hello there guys.

I was trying to find multilayer stencils like UMR-DESIGN, and also wowair.de

But they come from Germany. The only local USA ones I found, were these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191255650781?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191248338713?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Any ideas where I can find more of these?

Thanks !
  2. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

check out chicago airbrush supply or coast airbrush..
    Thiago likes this.
  3. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

I did, but I only found single layer.

The ones I am looking for have 2 or more layers... It'd save me about 2 hours on a project but they are so expensive.
  4. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

there use to be a company on you tube that did multiple layer demos...i think it was wow airbrushing.
    Thiago likes this.
  5. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

Yes! wowair.de ... but they charge 115 EUROS for a medium size stencil ...

I just found something similar on eBay at a VERY VERY good price, on the links i showed, which I will probably buy but... That guy doesn't have a huge veriety.
  6. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

Thiago and tucky like this.
  7. NEMOPa

NEMOPa Spider Splatterer

The Wow Air are expensive, he does however, run Deals of the week. I also have quite a few from UMR - not as pricey on EBay. Having used both, I prefer the Wow Air, better detail, but expensive. The UMR are really nice also. Both are great for "get 'er done" repetitive projects with great results / quick turn-around. I'm not an artist, but a "mechanic". I do unicorns on wine bottles, skulls on Zippo lighters and all kinds of stuff on t shirts. Stencils offer me quick turn around and I can turn out consistant pieces in a short time. As an artist, I'm somewhat challenged, but I' getting there - I do some neat daggers & dots. Currently, I trying to master quick & consistant free hand lettering. Try a set or 2 of the UMRs, I think you'll be pleased. Be patient, shipping ain't quick.
    Thiago likes this.
  8. patricks

patricks Elite Member! Elite Member!

You can have a look at this site. I thought the site is also availible in english but couldn't vind the correct link.

Www.schneidmeister.de
    Thiago likes this.
  9. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Another member (I'm sorry I can't remember who, so apologies) recently suggested this site - http://photo2stencil.com/ It can give you the option to make a single or multi layer stencil from a photo (or I am guessing other saved images). I believe it is saved as vectors so could be cut on a plotter. But you could just print out the images and cut with a scalpel/craft knife.
    Thiago and Rees like this.
  10. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

Wow guys, thanks for the reply. I will try every suggestion.

I really want multilayer stencils... sometimes customers want fast and cheap AWESOME AB jobs, so, instead of spending 8 hours on a single project, I will just do a 3 layer multilayer in 10 minutes, and freehand for 2 hours instead. Then we can make more ppl happy.

Thanks again
    Rees likes this.
  11. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

Thiago likes this.
  12. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

To me
    Question ? What are you painting?
    T-shirts? I can see the use of something like the multilayer stencil for them being most local t-shirts shop have a few standard stencils they use and they just add the name .
    or maybe even in the skate board world, But I am just trying to think where something like this would pay off.
    It is kind of like the Flash tattoo artist around any military base , Pick and stick and out the door . No thinking just inking.
    But Rich Evans has some listed on his site
    http://store.huntingtonbeachbodyworks.com/home.php?cat=259
    Thiago likes this.
  13. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

I have attached pics of what kind of work I do, I am finishing this one in 3 days, the guy wants high extra details. But he has a budget that fits the details he is looking for. I am paiting helmets, guitars, motorcycles, cars. But I am flexible, I will paint a wall if requested.

But, if the guy has a small budged, and he wants something that looks really cool, and much cheaper, I can do a price effective 4 hour job, knowing I would only spend 10 minutes for getting the whole picture, and the rest in detailing it so it doesn''t look so stencily.

So yeah, if u guys check www.wowair.de , and you look at the reaper stencils, you guys would see what kind of art I am talking about. It's a big time saver !!!!...

Attached Files:

14. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Killer work , Now how about an introduction ?
    I will agree the reaper one would really make me think about buying it.
    Thiago likes this.
  15. grantmartin850

grantmartin850 Detail Decepticon!

Great work
    Thiago likes this.
  16. Rees

Rees Elite Member! Elite Member!

Have you ever considered getting a vinyl plotter? They have kits for stencils. Set you back about 400$ but you could make up for that in a job or two.
    Thiago likes this.
  17. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

Thank you guys! It would be coming out better and faster if my airbrush was good, I dropped and bent it's needle. So now I am working with a Master G22 and it's a little tougher. Should be getting needle on the mail soon.

And sorry, where are my manners?

I'm TT, and I do this on the side. I call it TT Customs. Maybe some day I will do this full time.

Nice suggestion there, but making multi layer stencils like wowair.de would require a lot of time, because transforming an image to a vector properly so the wrong pieces don't fall out, requires after editing, and I am looking for high detailed ones, like the ebay links i gave would be good enough to start. I have very short time for the computer, and my skills are close to none! But thats a good idea though.
  18. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

By the way, the 2 stencils i used as an example, are the ones my student used. I was amazed how good he was able to draw with nearly no experience. Now I am interested. He wants to sell those to me but, in my shop there are absolutely no double jobs. No same picture twice.

I was doing some research, I need a mouse pen for drawing on the computer. Any ideas where I can get one?
  19. createinspain

createinspain Gravity Guru

TT, It was me that mentioned Photo 2 Stencil in another post.

Do you have an iPad by any chance? There are some cheap or free apps that allow you to draw (vectors) directly on the iPad with a conductive pen and then save to SVG - which you could then cut out or send to someone with a plotter to cut out for you. For items up to 12"x12" a Silhouette Cameo ( I have one) would do fine.
    Let me know if you want the names of some iPad apps, I have several, some do vector, some don't so I need to check the names.
  20. Thiago

Thiago Young Tutorling

Nice, yeah, whats the name of the app I will try it. I know a couple of people arround that have plotters, which material would you recommend us to cut, if that ever got achieved?