My answer to my question

J

jared pittman

So I ordered a set of private stock Etac and it got sent back- reason is I asked CJ if the paint was rewettable he said no? - answer is private stock is extremely rewettable. You don't get tack rag marks like efx but I don't find the 2 lines that different- on metal Etac is fragile paint, moved a peice of paper across the surface after heat setting and leaving for the night- the paper scratched it. Wicked doesn't spray as good but that is some durable paint. A fellow told me there are no resins in Etac?

I am not sure what you do or what goes wrong there but the etac PS is a textile paint made for T shirts , it can also be use for hard surface like metal but there 2 'rules' you need to follow
1 always spray thin layers
2 always heat set between every layer with high temp

I have used the PS and even the EFX on metal without any problems but I never use a tag rag and I use a heat gun or a hairdryer on high to heat set till I smell the paint curing .
Once I have finished the art I spray a few coats AG 2050 over it heat set it again give it 24 hours to fully cure and if needed I sand my work down with grey scotch brite to remove all eraser marks or tape marks before I send it off for clear coat

I also painted a few T shirts with the PS and washed those with no problems but the trick is once again the heat setting : the iron needs to be as hot as can be and heat setting will take a few minutes till the paint gets a "plastic" feeling to it

I have to agree with Ron, the helmet I just did was using private stock and treated as Ron says gave me no problems at all .

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Back