For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

My Dru Blair experience

Discussion in 'Airbrush Courses' started by Cordyk, Jun 7, 2013.

1. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

i know i felt really violated after spending 1700 dollars for 6 days worth of food ..
  2. eenasha beena

eenasha beena Young Tutorling

Reading this just got me that much more excited to go to his class next month. This is going to be the longest month ever just waiting to go. I've been trying to save up the money to go over the last couple years and you know life just kept getting in the way. I finally signed up and I feel like a little kid going to Disney for the first time!
    Cordyk likes this.
  3. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

That's great news @eenasha beena, you will so much and be amazed at what you can actually achieve, plus Dru is such a nice bloke will you will have a great time:thumbsup:
  4. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

Thanks for the great write up , outstanding work really does have that 'photorealism' look about the whole portrait :thumbsup:
  5. IPT

IPT Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

thanks for posting. Does anyone know if the Airbrush Getaway class with Dru is a clone of the one he does in his SC school or do they differ? Vegas is a lot easier for me to get to then SC but either way I'd like to do the course.
  6. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

The Getaways is a shortened version. But it depends on the attendees. If they are quite advanced already, they can get more done.
  7. jagardn

jagardn Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient Elite Member!

The classes at the Blair School of Art are much better, mostly due to time and the fact that Dru's studio has the huge monitors showing exactly what he is doing.
    The Blair classes generally run from about 9am-10Pm or so, with breaks for lunch and dinner.
    Just the color matching and basic techniques in the getaway make it worth it, depending on current skill level.
  8. IPT

IPT Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

My skill level is fair I guess. It may come down to timing. As much as I would love to go to SC it it probable I'll have a lot more responsibility come mid summer. So, Feb Getaway is looking like a good option unless Dru has another Photorealism workshop before then at his place. Guess I'll email him and wait for the 2016 schedule to come out.

Of course I would like to gain all the skills the speak of but my main drive is the color mixing.

I've done the Getaway before and had a good time. Plenty of people were painting longer hours so I would imagine that wouldn't differ that much from Dru's place. Unless I will really be short changing myself, or Dru has another course in the first half of 2016 I think i might have to do the Getaway class.