Iwata HP-CP cleaning-I need GOOD ADVICE

are you saying you see bubbles from behind the nozzle/nut or in the bowl/cup of the brush? if its the first one use teflon tape from plumbing supplys by ripping off a peice and then ripping it into long narrow strips to wrap around the threads one time then put the nozzle/nut back on and it will stop the air from leaking behind the nozzle,as for the second one bubbles IN the cup the tip is clogged most likley just a good cleaning should fix that. btw i use dental pic for cleaning the nozzle and find it works great as its a small brush and fits into the nozzle without a problom

Hi Basepaint,,and all..
Sorry for the silence. My Iwata has been doing OK. I have been following the advices given here...I did notice that if I DID put too much paint into the cup that can also cause the problem mentioned. Using the CAP is essential too !! (Just like closing a container of paint.)
I also go through the process of aggressively cleaning it out after EACH use. That is if it will sit for a period of time. Of course
It does take up the studio time but Ive accepted that it IS a part of studio time--LOL.
I also go by the advice given in the 1983 Radu Vero book "AIRBRUSH: The Complete Studio Handbook"
I bought that book many years ago by the way.
Now that I am applying my airbrushes into my artwork pieces more mainstream these days, Im reading more too,,haha
Thanks Guys!!

Hi,CanvasAirbrushing,
What do you use for lube on your guns /needles?
Also, where does it go?
Sorry for hi-jacking but being a noob, I haven't seen or read a thread that discusses this, except for the Badger you-tube vid.
Splasha

Hi Splasha ! I did purchase the product a few months back, "Super Lube" Synthetic Grease (Multi-Purpose Lubricant) .
It had been suggested to me by a few artists. Give it a try.
I am HAPPY with it my friend. It does do a good job but you cannot over-apply it of course.
By the way, you haven't hi-jacked -its ALL good. Cheers

What I don't like about the HP series is the fact that you have to unscrew the tiny nozzle if you want to clean it. Drop it and it will cost money or over tighten it and it is a big headache. Maybe the problem is that there is some dry paint in the nozzle.
Here's a quick and easy way to clean the nozzle without taking it apart I do it all the time.Buy a can of gumout carb cleaner it comes with a small straw for spraying tight spots. Pull the needle back out of the cup so it won't get damaged put the straw on the carb cleaner and but it down into the cup facing the nozzle and spray out the nozzle till you get a nice clean spray from the airbrush,all the crap stuck in it will be gone!! put the needle back in place and spray a little water thru it then spray away

I've been using Fantastik spray cleaner. It works really well at cleaning out the water based paint. Then I give the AB a really good flush with water before painting again.

Gumout has propane and distillates (petroleum) in them to make the mixture stick to the walls of the carbs. I wouldn't use this in an airbrush. That oil doesn't come out with water and you are potentially contaminating your paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back