my x-box background

R

rexuz

ok some people have been asking how i did the background on my xbox and i can't explain myself to save my life .

i hope some pictures can help me explain this

its not much drifted from doing the mabel effect

bot here i go i have papert a black background . (on pieces)

i start out mixing a grey i do this on a piece off paper :D

imag0901u.jpg

then i dape it on to some plastic rapping

imag0902u.jpg

then i start daping it on to my black background

imag0903r.jpg

and continued doing that till im happy with it

imag0904g.jpg

imag0906l.jpg

then i spray it all with some detail smoke black (wicked colors)

imag0907a.jpg

and larst i give the corners som deep black

imag0908l.jpg

thats all i do .

hope you all get the idea :D

btw havent done any tutorials before so i hope this is ok . if not feel free to tell me :D

Looks good to me. Kind of like a marble effect. You can do similar by spraying the paint on the surface, over a base, and removing with plastic wrap or a plastic bag or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Looks good to me. Kind of like a marble effect. You can do similar by spraying the paint on the surface, over a base, and removing with plastic wrap or a plastic bag or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jea its mostly the same i jost hade trouble fending the words to describe it :D ... so i toke som picture off it :D

That is the old school way of doing marble. Dabbing the plastic bag in the paint gives more texture and a rough feel to it ,Until cleared and smooth sanded.
While laying the paint on heavy than putting the cling wrap on it you can get smaller texture effects .
Both are great ways to do the same thing and for your first how too you did an outstanding job.
Thanks.

reminds me of a technique used in watercolors, using plastic paper for creating unusual textures.never cross my mind using plastic paper for texturing a surface in airbrushing:loyal:!!!!

Thanks for sharing rexuz. I've used cling wrap to take paint off before, for a similar look, but tnot used it to put paint on.

hay man just hope someone gets an idea from it . and that someone can youse it :D ...

Back