Need a Custom Designed Stencil anyone???

R

Russ Allen

Hey crew, just some things I've been working on I thought some of you may be interested in. When I first started airbrushing I was looking everywhere for someone that does custom stencils. Say I design something and want them to cut it for me, and all the prices were outrageous. With that being said, I'm trying to offer the service to those interested for an affordable rate. Im not completely set up yet, hoping by the end of summer I will have a lot more designs ready and available, but Im always willing to design any stencil that you may need. I've also tried to sell my designs to the major companies but no luck so I thought I would just make them affordable for all my friends!!!

One thing I will not do so please do not ask, I WILL NOT reproduce anyone elses stencils (Air Sick, Airtool, etc) they have to be your own design or something I've designed. What I really like to see people do, is take their own photos, and I can design stencils from your photos. I know this don't always work with, say, wildlife and such, but you get the just of it. Im not one to use others artwork for my gain, and I'm not making a ton on these, Im just trying to give a service that I found hard to find at an affordable price. If you have some artwork that you would like a stencil of, and you do have permission from the artist, have him/her contact me personally and then I may be able to do the stencil, but I would rather not do another artists work if we can work something else out.

The material I use is 10 mil, 0.010” thick, semi-rigid coated polyethylene stencil material, I have tested both waterbased and solvent based paints on it with no issues. Non-adhesive material, SSB can withstand a 180° F application temperature, Reusable, safe, non-toxic and recyclable, Resists inks, paints and stains, Coating protects against runs and smears common with plastic stencils. I can make up to a 20" square stencil.

Heres how Im doing the pricing:

If you want the stencil to be all your own, I would charge you a design fee (depending on how long it takes me to design it) and will send you a Certificate of Authenticity stating that you are the soul proprietor of the image. If you do not wish to own the copyright to the stencil, I will be reselling the design I made and that's how Im able to make this work as most people do not care to own the design. I do make exceptions, if you are having me design a personal logo, I WILL NOT sell it to anyone else if it has your name or company name on it.

Stencils already designed:

Anything below 6" x 12" is $10 US currency plus shipping
6" x 12" (License plate size) $10.00 US currency plus shipping
8.5" x 11" (Standard US Size) $12.00 US currency plus shipping

Custom Designed Stencils:

Anything below the 6" x 12" is .25 cents a square inch and the same design fees apply as mentioned above
6" x 12" (License plate size) $20.00 US currency plus shipping unless you want the copyright to it
8.5" x 11" (Standard US Size) $25.00 US currency plus shipping unless you want the copyright to it

Anything Larger than the 8.5" x 11" will be .20 per Square Inch. So for example, a 15" x 15" would run $45.00 plus shipping. To figure how many square inches you are needing, multiply the width by the length, in this case 15x15=225sq inches then multiply that by .20 for the total of $45. I always round up to the nearest $5. If you have any questions on this just let me know.

I will not make a stencil of another artists work without their permission so please don't ask me to.

If you have drawn up your own design and want me to reproduce it, then I will charge a fee for the vectorizing and for the stencil material but the design must be done on white paper and the drawing must be in black sharpie!

Still setting all this up so be patient and if you have any ideas or concerns please feel free to voice them. If you don't want to voice them publicly, send me a private message!!

Hopefully theres no typos in this, lol.

As stated above, Im not making much off of this just trying to supply a service that's affordable to those that need it!!

Thanks for checking the thread out and holler with any questions.

Russ

Attachments

• 1964649_590976427652449_1924432833_n.jpg
    1964649_590976427652449_1924432833_n.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 10013530_591461724270586_1915396355_n.jpg
    10013530_591461724270586_1915396355_n.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 124
  • DARREN STENCILS.jpg
    DARREN STENCILS.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 125
  • JESUS ON MOTORCYCLE STENCIL.jpg
    JESUS ON MOTORCYCLE STENCIL.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 130
  • RON LOGO STENCIL.jpg
    RON LOGO STENCIL.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 119
  • serpent & rifle 11x17.jpg
    serpent & rifle 11x17.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
That's great Russ, hope all works out for the best with this venture, and that you still get time to paint :)

Thanks guys! Will definitely make time to paint!!! The painting part is more important than making stencils, for me anyway! I just wanted to extend the offer to those who are like I used to be when I first started wanting an affordable custom stencil!!

If it does go over well I will be starting a fund for our Wounded Warriors and donating to them every year! That's the goal anyway, I always want to give back!!

Arkansas_State_Red_Wolves2.jpg

How much to do this big enough for me to do one stencil on shirts from medium to xl? I'd say about 9"? or so... I need it to where I can paint the black and fill in the red interior myself. I do fairs and shows at local events anD I won't be able to do them at the shows w/o a stencil. Our team recently went from Indians to Red Wolves and after asking 2 officials for the university, I don't need permission to make a stencil.

It's ok if it has to be a 2 part stencil, I understand the complexity of the design.

Thanks.

Hello IgorsCloset! Price on a 9"x9" would be $16.00 (9" x 9" = 81 x .20 cents = $16.20, rounded down to $16.00) for one stencil. That's if its done in one stencil, which I see no reason why it couldn't be. Obviously I will have to leave a few parts disconnected, but they could easily be filled

Edit, if you want a sharp white edge around the entire object then it would take two stencils, but you could do a fade with just one, so your choice I guess.

Would have to do something like this and you would have to fill in the blanks. Otherwise it would be multiple stencils and cost a lot more for more material. Your call though, I can do it either way, just trying to save ya some money
1533678_594055214011237_790930997_n.jpg

What about fonts. Is it legal for you to take a font that is available in say photoshop or one that I can get free off the net and make an alphabet stencil?

There's no worry about fonts, unless you try to sell the fonts in programming itself. The whole idea is to GAIN the font accessibility in the first place. They have no power to try and do anything to someone that made / makes a stencil of that font. Now, if said owner of that style of font just happened to make stencils of the same materials and sell them, then there'd be an issue.

I've already gone through this. :) This is exactly what my lawyer told me. Hope it helps.

Oh and btw, Russ that looks great. I just checked my paypal account and I need to sell a shirt or two to get the stencil done, BUT.. i am definitely going to order one if you'd like to do it still.

I am still now trying to come up with designs for my portfolio. Since the foreclosure / divorce, I lost everything, from equipment, to all portfolios! So I am literally having to start from scratch. Red Wolf fever is still high here, so I am definitely needing a stencil!

I'd just transfer money over, but I got a no proof of insurance ticket of $470 and I have to go to court and try to fight it. So I need to hang onto the cash I have now, if I can sell some shirts, that money is free.

What I'll do is get one from ya and check it out, then if I can use it as it is I'll order a few more. Stencils don't last forever on production t's lol.

Who did that skull/guitar stencil a while ago?? Wasnt that you Russ? If so, thats what I want lol...oh, if only I could draw.....

Yes as Igors said, I can do fonts. Usually prefer to put my own flare to them but if you like a font a certain way, then we will do it that way.

You just let me know what you are looking done on a stencil and we can work it out Igors.

Yes MeeshellMP, it was me who done the guitars and skull stencil. I cut all of that on by hand but with a bit more drawing on the computer I will have it finished up and ready to be cut!

SHREDDER STENCIL.jpg

This one? I hand cut all this but I am working on the vector for it. Got it all laid out but Im cleaning it up, will take a bit but it will be offered shortly!!

Here's the finished shirt for those that haven't seen it. I just use the stencils for the initial layout, the throw in the details

AIRSICK SHIRT FINISHED WITH FLASH (2).jpg

I am such a big fan of Russ that I ordered one of each of his stencils plus a custom one a friend did in PSP for a charity event. Do you think I have a stencil problem?..LOL

Rangers put me through the ringer this week, haha! j/j Appreciate ya man! Here's the custom designed stencil for Ranger. I will attempt to cut it tonight. A lil' worried I put a bit too much detail in so if that's the case I will have to take some out but will work it out this evening hopefully!!! Appreciate your business Ranger!!
10149274_594893017260790_267160752_n.jpg

mcstencil.jpgRuss! I got a more important stencil for you than the wolf I initially inquired about!!

and it should be easier for you than that crazy one you last posted lol.

MINECRAFT!! I need a stencil for tshirts, so pretty long. I'll post a pic of it in a second...

I only need the grey stenciled. I guess about 11" About 1.5" tall, or w/e you think is best. I'm doing creepers etc (if you know what those are) on shirts and need a stencil to make it faster. Paypal funds ready as well.

Back