Need opinions on Eagle line of Compressors

D

Dr. Morbius

Greetings All ! A good friend suggested I look at the Eagle 4000 / 5000 line of Silent Compressors for airbrushing. Any thoughts? Thanks.

my first thought is that you haven't provided enough information as to what you wish to use the compressor for... For Nail art it will be fine...... if you want to run 300 airbrushes off it then it might have a problem !

so: what are you planning on using it for airbrushing or respraying cars...
we have a nice little introduction section if you'd like to say hello officially

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Greetings All ! A good friend suggested I look at the Eagle 4000 / 5000 line of Silent Compressors for airbrushing. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Hi there, so a couple of questions....
1. Ah but wait...

How about you pop along to the intro section and say Hi for us, where are you in the world? what sort of airbruishing you do? What lead you to the airbrush? Any toys you have? fave colour...? You know, that sort of thing. We are a friendly bunch here and love to know who we are talking to.

Now, the questions,
1. (really this time...) what sort of airbrushing are you using it for? For example, tee shorts use more pressure and air flow than make up...
2. Can you post a link to the compressor you are thinking about?

Cheers Mark

Hi there, so a couple of questions....
1. Ah but wait...

How about you pop along to the intro section and say Hi for us, where are you in the world? what sort of airbruishing you do? What lead you to the airbrush? Any toys you have? fave colour...? You know, that sort of thing. We are a friendly bunch here and love to know who we are talking to.

Now, the questions,
1. (really this time...) what sort of airbrushing are you using it for? For example, tee shorts use more pressure and air flow than make up...
2. Can you post a link to the compressor you are thinking about?

Cheers Mark
my first thought is that you haven't provided enough information as to what you wish to use the compressor for... For Nail art it will be fine...... if you want to run 300 airbrushes off it then it might have a problem !

so: what are you planning on using it for airbrushing or respraying cars...
we have a nice little introduction section if you'd like to say hello officially

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Hi, Mark and all. Thanks for the tip to introduce myself, (DONE) please forgive my being rude. As for the type of AB'ing, I will be doing, well I really would like to try it all and figure out somewhere along the way which I like best. Just thought I would jump right into it. Nails...naw not for me. Cakes? No way! Perhaps portraits, Fantasy art, comic Illustrations ( GO Batman, Flash and Green Arrow). Perhaps car modeling, Lead Miniatures (are they still made from LEAD? Ral Partha, etc...

Will be using a Harder & Steenbeck brush, (recent gift). Just looking for a very quiet compressor, (YOL has super hearing).

Anyway thanks for making me feel comfortable and love the site!

Best,

Dr. Morbius.

if you are looking at 'just artwork' then maybe one of the studio type compressors (WITH a tank) would suit better. they are super quiet. the only down side is that they generally wont handle a spray gun that needs lots of air.

If you love what you've seen of the site so far, then wait until you get to read more....... we really are a bunch of like minded lunatics, and the good thing is that we basically run this asylum :laugh::laugh:

if you are looking at 'just artwork' then maybe one of the studio type compressors (WITH a tank) would suit better. they are super quiet. the only down side is that they generally wont handle a spray gun that needs lots of air.

If you love what you've seen of the site so far, then wait until you get to read more....... we really are a bunch of like minded lunatics, and the good thing is that we basically run this asylum :laugh::laugh:

Plenty big enough for what you want, potentially overkill but you will never run out of air! Cost wise they are probably pretty competitive. Noise wise, not the quietest but a long way from annoying!

I am somewhat of a noob, and I've never owned an airbrush specific compressor. If it's got a tank and it meets your noise requirements, its probably a good choice!

Not at all familiar with the brand, but will say they look a lot like the California Airtools compressors. I have one of them, and have been using it for about 3 years. Quiet enough that it does not bother me when it runs, and it is tucked in right next to my drawing table. If the Eagle is similar, you will be good to go...

Not at all familiar with the brand, but will say they look a lot like the California Airtools compressors. I have one of them, and have been using it for about 3 years. Quiet enough that it does not bother me when it runs, and it is tucked in right next to my drawing table. If the Eagle is similar, you will be good to go...

Thanks Dave:

What model California Airtolls compressor do you have and do you happen to know the DB's?

Thanks Dave:

What model California Airtolls compressor do you have and do you happen to know the DB's?

I have a 4610A (60db) twin aluminum tanked compressor. I originally purchased it to run a ulta high speed wood carving hand piece (like a dentist drill). Thing has been a real work horse.

Back