For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Need your opinion...

Discussion in 'Beginners Airbrush Questions!' started by Dimitris, Apr 29, 2018.

1. somewhereman

somewhereman Double Actioner

interesting run here

sticking with this particular piece,
    i have seen many derivatives on many different mediums with many different colors
    in essence all our 'original' works are a derivative of someone's work, which is a derivative of someone's work, etc.
    very few tread into new territory (not due to lack of imagination, but due to most all subjects being covered)

for this client, i would have looked at the pic once and never looked back on it till the project was done
    because, as we discovered there was a trail that looked like the right trail that ended in a cliff
    you are not painting a licensed character/logo, but a theme
    nor are you taking a photo of the work and simply blowing it up and gluing it to the table
    it's like writing a song about losing your girlfriend, been done a million times, does not mean you can't do it
    just don't copy another song verbatim

i finished a tee yesterday that was a ferrari, i hand drew it and kept the little horsey emblem on the front,
    as this is part of the car art
    but i did not add any ferrari text, or logos to 'fool' anyone into thinking it was an official licensed product
    it is the equivalent to taking a photo of your car and framing it and selling it, without linking to the manufacturer

please feel free to correct my thinking here, as this is a grey area ruled by the highest-priced lawyers
  2. Tocean

Tocean Needle-chuck Ninja

Came out great, cool looking table, I'm sure they were happy with it.
  3. Tuffnutz

Tuffnutz Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

It seems that if you intend to make money off it then it's a big no no.
    For yourself then it's a different kettle of fish.