Neon Chartreuse alternative.

J

Juicegoose

I've had a couple ask me for chartreuse lately and HOK has the neon chartreuse but it has limited color fastness. This obviously won't do for fishing gear. Is there an alternative out there that mimics the look? I shoot with House of Kolor and TCP Custom shop and clear with a UCS01 2k clear.

About all the chartreuse fades over time,you can make your own with bright yellow and bright green that way you can go dark or light and the color won't fade so bad over time you can also use a U.V.Top coat over it to help keep it bright

Thanks guys. My concern with using createx is that I use house of kolor paints for everything else and I'm not sure how they would react. especially to the 2 part catalyzed clearcoat.

This one is createx. A base layer of opaque white, then a layer of fluo yellow as a base with 50% fluo green, then some charteuse flakes on top in the first layer of epoxy, then 3 more layers of epoxy. No fading yet :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1468352062.208475.jpg

To make your flavor of chartreuse just start with the yellow and add green until you are happy.

anders@gäddfiske.se

Thanks bud I noticed that TCP global has some solid basecoats in bright green and bright yellow and i verified they aren't fluorescent but look dang close. I'll have to mix up something special.

Here was a seat I did originally with chartreuce yellow and neon blue

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 14
Back