NEw baby... Olympos Micron MP 200C

Yes, I'll get a teflon seal a little later. Good thing I found out prior to putting acetone through it! I like to be able to put through any material without worrying about the seals. I'll get a soft spring in the near future.

I can tell you that right now, "SCAREMONGERING" just as you have seen here and I've seen it just about everywhere, people exist that despite not knowing anything about anything pretend that they do and then you hear all kinds of stories about how Olympos screwed Iwata and stole their designs and used these designs for their own means, a lot of these know it all's, some featured here by the way have never owned an Olympos or Iwata for that matter but still have opinions about how it is, the only story out of all of the crap I have read that I actually believe is that is that both versions are based on the same design features, the rest doesn't interest me and I have no opinion other than if it works well it's worth buying, however, like many I have fallen into the trap of believing that Iwata is the best but I'm quickly becoming aware that I and others are simply buying a name pushed upon us by the same fools I mention above, so talking crap with no authority to back it up is dangerous and that's all it comes down to.

As Mr Micron said, I much prefer the style of the cup on the Olympos to the Micron, because the Micron one looks like it was just plonked on there as an afterthought, a ridiculously ugly feature for such a price tag.

If you want to get the Olympos name back on the map, I think you would need to go live events and let consumers try out both brushes so can they see first hand that the only difference between the two is the price tag, I have bought loads of stuff based on the opinions of others and been very disappointed so I am now a firm believer in "taste and try before you buy" and I like to see stuff work before I'll even consider buying, I did that with my new compressor, I asked them to switch it on and let me hear it which they did, if they didn't it would still be in the shop, I've been to the Olympos and found it difficult and confusing to navigate and even translating the site was laughable, the English version sounds a child learning to talk, so if they are going to be taken serious they would need to work that, I think a native English speaker who can also speak Japanese would be a far better option for translating their site, there are a couple Olympos dealers here in Holland but the spare parts they carry is very limited which certainly puts me off, if a dealer is happy to sell their brushes, they shouldn't have to beg for spares to go along with the lines they sell, it's this limited availability of parts that stops me buying one.

I can tell you that right now, "SCAREMONGERING" just as you have seen here and I've seen it just about everywhere, people exist that despite not knowing anything about anything pretend that they do and then you hear all kinds of stories about how Olympos screwed Iwata and stole their designs and used these designs for their own means, a lot of these know it all's, some featured here by the way have never owned an Olympos or Iwata for that matter but still have opinions about how it is, the only story out of all of the crap I have read that I actually believe is that is that both versions are based on the same design features, the rest doesn't interest me and I have no opinion other than if it works well it's worth buying, however, like many I have fallen into the trap of believing that Iwata is the best but I'm quickly becoming aware that I and others are simply buying a name pushed upon us by the same fools I mention above, so talking crap with no authority to back it up is dangerous and that's all it comes down to.

As Mr Micron said, I much prefer the style of the cup on the Olympos to the Micron, because the Micron one looks like it was just plonked on there as an afterthought, a ridiculously ugly feature for such a price tag.

If you want to get the Olympos name back on the map, I think you would need to go live events and let consumers try out both brushes so can they see first hand that the only difference between the two is the price tag, I have bought loads of stuff based on the opinions of others and been very disappointed so I am now a firm believer in "taste and try before you buy" and I like to see stuff work before I'll even consider buying, I did that with my new compressor, I asked them to switch it on and let me hear it which they did, if they didn't it would still be in the shop, I've been to the Olympos and found it difficult and confusing to navigate and even translating the site was laughable, the English version sounds a child learning to talk, so if they are going to be taken serious they would need to work that, I think a native English speaker who can also speak Japanese would be a far better option for translating their site, there are a couple Olympos dealers here in Holland but the spare parts they carry is very limited which certainly puts me off, if a dealer is happy to sell their brushes, they shouldn't have to beg for spares to go along with the lines they sell, it's this limited availability of parts that stops me buying one.

I only had a little go with a Oplympos 200 C , but I am used to the SB K33 SM and I dont like gravity feed airbrushes at all , having said that I noticed a difference in the response to the trigger on the Olympos : there was a bit more how to put this right : slower? as in not at the point I am used to but just a tad later and it had the low trigger and not the taller V2 trigger so I expected a better or faster response but I could pull the same fine lines as with my standard V2 .
I think it is a real good alternative to the Iwata at a better prize for sure but not a airbrush that I would add to my collection

Back