New Marissa Etac Colours

musicmacd

The Createx Bandit
Just ordered a few bottles of Marissa MFX paints specifically for the Parchment white and Bricque Flesh tone, obviously had to order 7 other colours just to make the shipping work while :)
Looking forward to trying these new colours out.

Its not hard with all those sweets in the candy shop.
She also mentions 4 new colloirs she is testing - something to look out for

Just ordered a few bottles of Marissa MFX paints specifically for the Parchment white and Bricque Flesh tone, obviously had to order 7 other colours just to make the shipping work while :)

Where abouts did you find them on the site, been looking alweek for them being added but cant see them?:cry:

Just went to look at the Parchment white, it looks kind of offwhite. Is it a bit creamy like the colour of 4G board? What do they recommend using this colour for in a painting?

Just went to look at the Parchment white, it looks kind of offwhite. Is it a bit creamy like the colour of 4G board? What do they recommend using this colour for in a painting?
the parchment white is mend for glazing over the flesh tones , my sight doesnt allow me to use it that way so I played with it and found that if I mix it with the etac and Marisa flesh tones I can get about all the flesh tones I want

For all your white stuff but without the threat of blue shift. If you use parchment white and bisque flesh for your flesh tones you can jump back and forth as much as you like

the parchment white is mend for glazing over the flesh tones , my sight doesnt allow me to use it that way so I played with it and found that if I mix it with the etac and Marisa flesh tones I can get about all the flesh tones I want
Thanks Ronald, good to know :thumbsup:
For all your white stuff but without the threat of blue shift. If you use parchment white and bisque flesh for your flesh tones you can jump back and forth as much as you like
Interesting ad fez, I'm just venturing from monochrome into colour. I have the Com-art Flesh Tones set which I'm going to tryout tomorrow on one of my Clayboard samples following Driscoll's leaflet guide that came with the set. lol:laugh: It will be interesting for sure :whistling:

If I take a liking to colour then I'll be looking to invest in some of Marissa FX Flesh tones, I have Naphthol Red, Burnt Umber and Sepia Smoke plus primarys + B&W. Apart from Parchment and Bisque Flesh are there other flesh colours which are basic essentials without having to buy a set? :D Or would other colours negate the benefit of the Parchment and Bisque combo?
Cheers Mel

Thanks Ronald, good to know :thumbsup:

Interesting ad fez, I'm just venturing from monochrome into colour. I have the Com-art Flesh Tones set which I'm going to tryout tomorrow on one of my Clayboard samples following Driscoll's leaflet guide that came with the set. lol:laugh: It will be interesting for sure :whistling:

If I take a liking to colour then I'll be looking to invest in some of Marissa FX Flesh tones, I have Naphthol Red, Burnt Umber and Sepia Smoke plus primarys + B&W. Apart from Parchment and Bisque Flesh are there other flesh colours which are basic essentials without having to buy a set? :D Or would other colours negate the benefit of the Parchment and Bisque combo?
Cheers Mel
Etac has 3 skintomes , the flesh tone , the marissa flesh tone ( this is darker than the regular flesh and the bisque flesh any off these colours will do , personally I like the MFX flesh a bit more but has to do with my sight problem and I still need to test the bisque a bit more before I can tell if I like it as much as the MFX flesh

Etac has 3 skintomes , the flesh tone , the marissa flesh tone ( this is darker than the regular flesh and the bisque flesh any off these colours will do , personally I like the MFX flesh a bit more but has to do with my sight problem and I still need to test the bisque a bit more before I can tell if I like it as much as the MFX flesh
Hi Ronald, thanks I'll check them out. I was also thinking of the shading colours. Driscoll's Com-Art set uses with a warm skin tone, Bright Red and Driscoll's Shading Additive which is Blue and Smoke to darken for deeper shadows. For the Dull skin tones he adds Kelly Green to the mix for Shadows. Marissa obviously uses a different technique :D

Its all colour wheel complimetery colour shifting, the green would kill the red tone, purple would kill the yellow etc
I personally dont believe there is a skin tone in a bottle, but a basic colour to get you started.
Thanks @ad fez and @Ronald art for the tips, I haven't cracked the flesh open yet or realised they worked in a combo!!
@Melbee the ochre colours are essential to me and red and blue violet.

Its all colour wheel complimetery colour shifting, the green would kill the red tone, purple would kill the yellow etc
I personally dont believe there is a skin tone in a bottle, but a basic colour to get you started.
Thanks @ad fez and @Ronald art for the tips, I haven't cracked the flesh open yet or realised they worked in a combo!!
@Melbee the ochre colours are essential to me and red and blue violet.
Thanks musicmacd that makes sense with the very, very little I know (Driscoll/Com-Art info pamplet). This is going to open a whole new can of worms for me but after 3 years I think it's time to take the plunge :D
Hopefully you can sees this link, but this was created using umber for the dark shadows, and then bisque flesh and parchment white (only!) ) no other colours as yet and no mixing, straight out of the bottle ,with a bit of reducer and water in later stages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4717z9n3xyi6c9/2016-02-22 15.46.24.jpg?dl=0
Wow ad fez with just those 3 colours that's an amazing portrait!! (not counting the Iris which looks blue ;)) I will most definitely give that combo a try because with the colours I've got I'll only need to buy Parchment White (Out of Stock sadly) and Bisque Flesh to get cracking!! Until then I've got the Com-Art kit to get my feet wet o_O:laugh: and my lovely Clayboard samples to play with :Dlol. I've already mapped out the image so tomorrow I will be slinging paint again!! Hooraa :D:laugh:

Hahahah i was referring more to the flesh, but yes, a little prussian blue for the eyes and then a pre mixed pink colour for the lips.

Ok so honestly..... For the WHOLE portrait i used 5 bottles including parchment white

@ad fez
Thanks man, I suspected that picture was with the new paints!! Intuition on fire here! I absoluty love that portrait! Will be trying them out next :)

@Melbee my experience with the driscol colour and helpsheet (with wicked not com art) is that it works for that particular image but IMO didn't teach me anything about how to paint flesh tones as I couldn't apply it to other images.

That is probably my lack of knowledge or colour use, as I tend to mix and wing it on the fly, but I think each image needs to be colour matched individually. I do find the flesh colour good as a starting point to adjust to find a midtone, and work from there as I find it easier than mixing a flesh totally from scratch.

You really have to use the blank sheet of white paper with a small viewing hole cut to match the colour. Simultanious Contrast is the enemy. The colour wheel is the key and taking away the colour that is too strong. With practice it gets quicker - i can smash most colours under 20mins! Im sure it will be 5 mins this time next year!
looking at the colour side by side in isolation is the key that teaches your eye to see colours accurately

You have a web site where you ordered them?I Checked fox and couldn't find the colors

You have a web site where you ordered them?I Checked fox and couldn't find the colors

I had the same problem, go to foxy colours, you wont see a swatch for the colours but if you go to the drop box where you pick what colour you want there listed there.

Back