Welcome home and 1957 was a very good year :D
Now we have some one to keep Matty in check LOL
But you can mix airbrushing with traditional brush and make some really cool are.
I am looking forward to trying new things. Thank you for the welcome, I feel at home already.

Welcome to your new extended family @Chrissy1957
You have raised a very well mannered young man who treats everyone with respect.

PS @matty171 , if the check doesn't arrive in the next few days I'm tagging your mum in each and every thread you ever made !!
Thank you for your kind words and your welcoming me into the forum.

Thank you to everyone that had welcomed me to the forum. I am enjoying looking round at all your work, some very talented people out there.

Feel a bit out of my depth if I'm honest, but always up for a new challenge. Matt has given me some great advice and pointing me in the right direction, so I need to get my act together and start brushing

Thank you to everyone that had welcomed me to the forum. I am enjoying looking round at all your work, some very talented people out there.

Feel a bit out of my depth if I'm honest, but always up for a new challenge. Matt has given me some great advice and pointing me in the right direction, so I need to get my act together and start brushing

A huge welcome to the forum Mrs Matty's mum, I hope you will stick around and stay active on our forum, since you do have a degree in fine art I feel you will have a lot more to offer us than you may think, even with airbrushing all art based knowledge is relevant.

I doubt very much you are actually out of your depth with airbrushing, you have chosen a different means of application but it's the same basic rules;)

I have done graphite drawings since I was a child and became very good with it, no degree or certificate or such, I just enjoyed it and kept at it, when I started airbrushing about 4 years ago the first thing I noticed was the absence of feeling since I relied on the feeling of pressure on my pencils to achieve tonal values, I think in your case this will be your only hurdle too, but I'm 99.9% sure you will quickly overcome this:thumbsup:

May I ask what airbrush you were gifted?

@matty171 has come a very long way in just over a year and I can tell you I'm very proud of his success as well as the possibility that I may have had a little part in it, so I have every confidence he will will be a great help with the little things you are not yet sure of, plenty of practice will take care of the rest and once you get your head around the airbrush you'll wonder why you never did it earlier.

Welcome aboard from another UK'er.
Nice lad you have there and I'm sure he will get you up and running in no time. Have a good look around some of the older posts as well as there's some great info on here.
Give a shout out if you need any help, even if it's with Mattylol, there's always someone around to give you great advice.

Most of all have a great journey with your new addiction and have FUN after all that's what we all do it for.

Right, that's it, you and me outside right now......it's a full moon and we don't want to miss itlol

I should actually feel sorry for you cos I've got a tshirt with a tiger on it and you haven't and my pal @Smiler65 has got one with a big dog on it and you haven't, maybe your mum can get you a My Little Pony one ha ha ha:p:p:p
Peeing my pants laughing at that, but if you remember I think he has a pink tee with that on itlollol

Back