New Philly in the Stable

crewchief227

Needle-chuck Ninja
Boy I had a nightmare with UPS on this one, but I got it in my hand. Only had a chance to give it about a half hour test spin. I will have to get used to the balance difference than my CM-C+

20161021_173512.jpg

Surprisingly I broke her down and she was bone dry, so a little dab here and there and bam, she's ready for a full run tomorrow.

Well it's my second red box, I am going to convert my CM-C+ V2 back to a .23 and use it as a general use brush and use this CM-SB V2 as a detail brush. I have a whole lot of serious work coming up where a lot of people will be scrutinizing my work.

While I have some of you SB owners attention, is there anything special when it comes to the care and maintenance of them? Oh and why does it say TF after Japan on the barrel?

the TF stands for the year the brush was made , as for maintenance it is the same as your other micron except for the side cup .
you will need to check the cup for left over paint under the "plastic" disk that sits in the bottom part of the cup , I do it every few weeks just to make sure there is no dried paint in there

oh and I forgot this brush has that nasty hard needle seal in it , dont use any superlube on that it will make the needle stick in the seal , I got so pied up with that needle seal I replaced it for the old rubber seal as I dont need it to be solvent proof , I know Iwata has a year number list but you have to google it

While I have some of you SB owners attention, is there anything special when it comes to the care and maintenance of them? Oh and why does it say TF after Japan on the barrel?

It's the build date code as mentioned, "T" is the year which in your case is 2016, and the "G" corresponds to the month which again in your case is July.

date code.jpg

Back