New to airbrushing and striping

A

Airbozo

I've had an unopened cheap airbrush for over a decade and never had an opportunity to use it. Recently I just picked up a Mack striping brush and some base paints to learn how to do pinstriping so I can lay down some stripes on my freshly powder coated motorcycle wheels. I picked up a Buegler striper to do the wheels since it is fairly easy and short learning curve (or so I have been told), but I want to learn to stripe with a brush too.

I feel this is a great time to break out the still new air brush and see how it works.

Looking forward to learning both !

Hi Airbozo and welcome to this family indeed! I've been here about 6 months and there's one thing I'll tell you, these guys and girls are gonna help you a lot! They going to guide you better than I. Enjoy painting! :)

Welcome, I have only been here for about two weeks and this forum has helped me a lot. Good luck and have fun, great guy's here.

Thanks for the welcoming feelings!

lol!

First question:

What is the best paint and colors to start practicing with? I have a ton of cardboard to use as a canvas, or some thick white construction paper. I would like to pick up some base materials to get started and wanted to put together a simple kit, including thinner and such.

I know for pinstriping I need o use enamel and mineral spirits (which I have already), just need to pickup something to get me started on the airbrush.

Thanks!

Back