New to airbrushing

D

DonnaMacca

Hi I am new to airbrushing and already about to give up. I am having so many problems with the brush either spitting paint everywhere or sucking up the paint and all I get is air. this is a new brush just set up and never used as I cant get it right anyone have any suggestions?

yeah, the paint is probably too thick. You need to reduce the paint so that its thin enough to shoot through. The rest of the people here are gonna ask what you are using for an airbrush, what you are using for your air source and what kind of paint are you using.

And stick with it. I'm new too but its really coming together now and is a lot of fun

I have the right paint and Iwata brush brand new - air compresser at 25-30 psi doing all that right but still a fail

Can you give more specifics? Which brush/paints? Do you have a compressor with a tank? The more information the more we can help you out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What Iwata airbrush?bottle feed or gravity feed
What paints?
Air pressure might be to low?
The more we know the better we can help fix the problems your having,even air temperature can change the way we think our paints

Clean the airbrush, fill the cup to half with water and make the water test, if it work correctly then add one or two drops of paint to water in the cup, just for a little color and try again, I did that and then I realice the correct thining of my paint. Of course, this was after I threw a cheap aibrush through a window!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Hi I am new to airbrushing and already about to give up. I am having so many problems with the brush either spitting paint everywhere or sucking up the paint and all I get is air. this is a new brush just set up and never used as I cant get it right anyone have any suggestions?
oh I wouldn't give up just yet..what kind of brush?..and all it sounds like to me is just have to reduce your paint.. someone told me once it has to have the consistency of milk..

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Also if your practiceing with black or white due to the larger amount of pigment in them you add to problems like tip dry and clogging, try another color and see if your still having problems with it

Hi Donna, welcome from New Zealand. There are a truck load of answers being fired at you but lets eliminate the obvious. I know this has been asked but it helps us sort stuff out. What sort of brush and paint are you using? And yes, what sort of compressor. We know the PSI then we can start sorting out the rest.

What part of the world are you in?

Hey Donna, hi from the uk. As has been said there are so many variables in airbrushing, between different brands and models of brush, brands of paints, whether they are waterbased or not, tranparent or opaque etc. And as mentioned tanked or tankless compressors, whether you have water traps etc etc. So info needs to be pretty specific then folks can give you the advice you need.

Add to that some photos of what is happening, and if people can see the problem that could help even more. Giving up is for quitters LOL. There is a fairly steep learning curve, particularly if like me you started out knowing that people pointed an airbrush at something and a painting came out, and that was basically it. I didn't even know you needed a double action airbrush. So all hope is not lost. I eventually got it into my lonely brain cell, and if I can , you can. Just help us to help you.

Hey Donna, first welcom to the club all the way from Dubuque IA US. I know your frustration I'm very new to airbrushing. It can get frustrating when things don't work out the way you like it to work out. Specially if you don't know how it is suppous to work. Just let the guys help you here and you could be on your way to do some airbrushing. You are in good hands. Just don't give up so quickly. It takes some time. Good luck.

Hi Donna, please give us some more info, 30 years ago when i started there wasn't google or youtube or forums so we had to work it out ourselves, fortunately we're here to help when you have troubles. nowdays we are lucky to have forums like this one with members who go out of their way to help.

Lee

There is a fairly steep learning curve, particularly if like me you started out knowing that people pointed an airbrush at something and a painting came out, and that was basically it.
Second this. I picked it up years ago, knew nothing, thought "this is ridiculously hard". Picked it up again two years ago, have a friend who gives me pointers, and now I think "this is ridiculously hard, but I know how to work it so it seems much easier"

I'm still very much in the beginner stages.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back