New (to me) compressor

S

Shellintons

Is it a bit to much? My lovely hubby (Mr P) realised I was struggling with the smelly, noisy old thing (compressor) I have and spent some time mooching the Web.
He sent me off to Stoke on Tent with an address to pick up this. It's massive. I'm worried it will be too much for my little brush? Or am I worrying about nothing?

At this stage you probably realise I know nothing about compressors

Mr P says it's needs a regulator. So I'm waiting till I get one before I try more airbrushing. I think...Well maybe...

3875f78a3a0aa7c94bd03c179bfeab8f.jpg

You think @markjthomson ? The chap looked like he was really sad to see it go. Mind you my Mr P said o have no idea what a great thing it is and at £150 it was a bargain. Just need to make some room for it now

Nice score. And no such thing as too big. I use a 250 litre beast, it only lets out what you regulate it at. Too loud is another matter. Mine can wake the dead, but doesn't need to fill up often, so not too many zombies around here lol. That will be perfect for you.

Nice score. And no such thing as too big. I use a 250 litre beast, it only lets out what you regulate it at. Too loud is another matter. Mine can wake the dead, but doesn't need to fill up often, so not too many zombies around here lol. That will be perfect for you.
Hey Squishy thanks for that. It's reassuring to know. It's actually really quiet. Well compared to my other one. I've got Mr P on searching for a regulator tomorrow so I can have a play soon.

Glad for you! It's COOL thing and expensive one.
The purpose these compressors are produced is airbrushing. They're produced for many years.

The regulator should be installed after the air valve, actually you have to change that filter which looks like has dirt inside.
And it's not necessary to install the regulator with the filter on the compressor, you can install it at your working place.

Glad for you! It's COOL thing and expensive one.
The purpose these compressors are produced is airbrushing. They're produced for many years.

The regulator should be installed after the air valve, actually you have to change that filter which looks like has dirt inside.
And it's not necessary to install the regulator with the filter on the compressor, you can install it at your working place.
Thanks for the tips. My other half phoned Jun UK and they were really helpful. Said he'd got an absolute bargain. I've got a regulator for it and some other shiny bits that Mr P has fitted to it and now is all ready for me to use. I'm really chuffed with it [emoji4]

Thanks for the tips. My other half phoned Jun UK and they were really helpful. Said he'd got an absolute bargain. I've got a regulator for it and some other shiny bits that Mr P has fitted to it and now is all ready for me to use. I'm really chuffed with it [emoji4]

It's real destiny's gift!:thumbsup: To get such compressor for the price and such Mr P, who got that compressor for you;)
Congratulations again!:)

Do you have filter among those shiny bits? You must have one there, as the compressor with oil and isn't new. The air must be cleaned.
Filter should be at least 5 microns. I have 1 micron and 0,01 microns filters installed.

Excellent compressors, I have 3, 1 for spares. My original is over 30yrs old and still going strong. Only down side is they use a specific oil, that's expensive, but you don't need to change it that often. Nice touch having the auto drain valve fitted as well.
There's a company in Birmingham that sell all the spares you need and reasonably priced as well.

That is a very nice compressor. I am quite sure it will serve you well, and you got it for a bargain too! I've seen the same compressor, reconditioned, selling for £500! New ones can run twice that price! You are one very lucky missus. :)

It's real destiny's gift![emoji106] To get such compressor for the price and such Mr P, who got that compressor for you;)
Congratulations again!:)

Do you have filter among those shiny bits? You must have one there, as the compressor with oil and isn't new. The air must be cleaned.
Filter should be at least 5 microns. I have 1 micron and 0,01 microns filters installed.
It's great. Even the chap at Jun UK was impressed [emoji4] and thanks

Excellent compressors, I have 3, 1 for spares. My original is over 30yrs old and still going strong. Only down side is they use a specific oil, that's expensive, but you don't need to change it that often. Nice touch having the auto drain valve fitted as well.
There's a company in Birmingham that sell all the spares you need and reasonably priced as well.

30 years? That'd do me [emoji4] we found the company I think? CJS the chap from Jun suggested it. Thanks, I'm really pleased with it

Can I ask if you know where I can find a decent video of how to properly service this? It's a free years old and hardly been used so we're thinking it's die an oil change. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very nice compressor. I am quite sure it will serve you well, and you got it for a bargain too! I've seen the same compressor, reconditioned, selling for £500! New ones can run twice that price! You are one very lucky missus. :)
I can't believe how lucky! It's a few years old but the clear heat/time sensitive sticker on the machine is still clear and looking brand new so it's hardly been used. Really chuffed.

30 years? That'd do me [emoji4] we found the company I think? CJS the chap from Jun suggested it. Thanks, I'm really pleased with it

Can I ask if you know where I can find a decent video of how to properly service this? It's a free years old and hardly been used so we're thinking it's die an oil change. Thank you.

Unless the oil is really dirty I wouldn't worry about it. Not a lot to do on a service apart from change oil and clean out the little black air filter

Unless the oil is really dirty I wouldn't worry about it. Not a lot to do on a service apart from change oil and clean out the little black air filter
That's good to know. Thanks very much

Back