For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

New video

Discussion in 'Step by Step' started by Airbrush Dreams, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Here is part one as promised. You may need to call in sick tomorrow if you bing watch! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
  2. Leakyvalve

Leakyvalve Spider Splatterer

11...hours?
    Seamonkey likes this.
  3. Seamonkey

Seamonkey Air-Valve Autobot!

I'll watch it this weekend instead of Netflix, lol!!
    Not lying either, just can't right now

4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

That will give some comfort to the newbies, masterpieces aren't a quick thing to do. and this is only part 1 :)
    Well done Fred, I'm with seamonkey though, this will be a weekend watch :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time to do this, its greatly appreciated.
    Micha der Wolf and Seamonkey like this.
  5. Seamonkey

After reading back what I said it does sound like my normal "smart ass" self.....I didn't mean to be at all.
    I agree this is what the newbies need to see!!!!! If you can't sit through this video without skipping ahead just a couple of times. This form of airbrushing isn't for you.
    Maybe T shirts are your thing.
    I watched soooooo many long and slow videos when wanting to learn, its crazy!! I actually prefer d them until I have seen this techniques to where I knew them. Then I would skip.
    After that I understood the time lapse videos were the best for ME, because I didn't need to see it slow anymore.

To me that is a choice amongst us. If you don't develop patience with videos like this, you can't take classes because this is what it is like to a point. And if that is boring, then beach scenes, bubble letters and stencils are for you.
    Nothing wrong with that either. Make that money as quick as you can.

I prefer hours poured into my art and truth be told I still work to fast. Patience is a great virtue. Some times it takes a lifetime to achieve. Others, its day one stuff!!!

I'm in the middle and can't decide which is best

No matter what your view and style is, the end of this video is a stunning result!!!
    JackEb likes this.
  6. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Very nice video Fred I think this will help a lot of folks to include myself . I hate hair and it is good to see how people do it and build the layers of it.
    Seamonkey likes this.
  7. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Gravity Guru

I haven't watched it yet but I love your videos and truly appreciate you taking the time and effort to make them especially for us newbies.
    I am always looking for long in depth videos on YouTube but they are far and few between.
    I'm the opposite of seamonkey I prefer slow in depth videos, that is probably because I'm still trying to learn how to control the brush and the time lapse doesn't really show/teach you anything. The time lapse is still awesome to see what people can create.
    Seamonkey likes this.
  8. JackEb

I didn't read your response as being a 'smart ass' ! It is a long watch and you're right. If, as a newbie, you cant watch without skipping then I don't think you are willing to learn properly. Learning technique in anything is hard and to often we slip into 'enough watching I just wanna do' but as you say, once you know how to do the basics then you can start skipping bits and pieces in a long tutorial such as this.

As @Lt4-396 has said, videos like this are far and few between. Not everyone can attend classes for financial/distance/health reasons and this is the only way to see how all the magic happens, well , videos like this and this forum, are the only source of info available for many.
    Seamonkey likes this.
  9. Seamonkey

Not the opposite, just different stages of experience. Just like everyone else, I had t learn as well. The only thing I learned from was YouTube videos until joining here....that's it.
    I was was the same way 6 years ago.
    I sought out the more in depth videos as well. It's just like anything else, the more you learn the faster you want the info.
    I mean no disrespect at all and honestly wish more of these videos were out there for free back then. Especially portrait videos because that is what I want to learn still!!
    I will watch all 11 hours of this video. And the second half.
    Again I didn't mean disrespect to anyone at all.

10. JackEb

I don't think anyone apart from you thinks you are being disrespectful, go find a thread to hijack will you !
    Seamonkey likes this.
  11. Seamonkey

Have I not already done that

Just kidding, but seriously I have been gone a long time and Not many people are familiar with me and my humor. I don't want to step on any toes. I just like a good time!!!☕️ then repeat

JackEb likes this.
  12. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! (and still very happy) Staff Member Mod Artist of the Month!

lol... I thought the 4 hours one was epic! I'll have to take a couple of days for that one!
  13. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Well I got thru about the first hour! That part alone is worth watching for newbies. Getting the paint and psi right, showing how to deal with splatter- I think that really shows how it happens to everyone. Fred your trigger control is epic! I watched how you did the hummingbird and I tried practicing that "little bursts of paint" technique.

Oh congrats on the new granddaughter too :)
  14. Airbrush Dreams

Wow thanks for the support. The Part 2 is up and going and is only a 5 hour piece. Lol. I chose to keep the whole thing together so everything would make sense. I did jump just a little because of the others in my house interrupting an making lunches. I didn't want the confusion in the background. One huge thing I wanted to come across is how to work out and through the frustration when the paint doesn't cooperate and then the actual cause. You will know in the second half. You will know because suddenly my frustration is gone. If you watch it all I give you thanks. It can be time consuming in our busy lives. No offense is ever taken. I love fun as much as everyone else and my sense of humor is strange at best. God Bless.

Seamonkey likes this.
  15. Mr.Micron

Hey Fred where did you find that typewriter eraser? I assume that is what it is being it has the little brush on the end and yes finding a hard eraser is hard being no one uses typewriters anymore.
    Airbrush Dreams likes this.
  16. wickedartstudio

wickedartstudio Needle-chuck Ninja

typewriter eraser.png
    Pretty sure he's using these
  17. Mr.Micron

Thanks I thought it looked more like one of the old typewriter erasers I will have to go look for one
    wickedartstudio likes this.
  18. Airbrush Dreams

That one I got at my local art store, but I have found them on Amazon. Also I believe I had seen some at Hobby Lobby.

19. Airbrush Dreams

wickedartstudio likes this.
  20. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

I just did some quick math, and this video is similar in length to watching a season of your favorite TV show. I know plenty of people who can burn thru that in a weekend or so. Of course, this video is much shorter than Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" lol lol :p

Google "Songs for people with ADHD" if you don't get the joke! :p