Newbie Gal !

Ran, if I'm not a bloke, then I need to get the doctor to do something about the lumps I found inside my shirt. Lol. Would I lie to you? Ask Seamonkey, he knew all along I'm female. Lol!

You're right there, Jackie, cheering them on, and then stepping in at the last minute to show 'em how it's done LOL!

Hey I am always open to getting lesson from ladies..... But I tend to be hard to teach at time :D

Ran, if I'm not a bloke, then I need to get the doctor to do something about the lumps I found inside my shirt. Lol. Would I lie to you? Ask Seamonkey, he knew all along I'm female. Lol!
Dunno 'bout you squish, but my lumps are bigger than any boy bits could ever hope to achieve :)

You're right there, Jackie, cheering them on, and then stepping in at the last minute to show 'em how it's done LOL!
"You wanna speak to the man in charge or the woman who knows what's going on " !

See boys, you're not the only ones able to jack a thread- ROFL
Welcome aboard Heather, now you know what to expect - feel free to join in

I could always change my name HiJackEr :) but I don't want the 3 amigos to get upset

Dunno 'bout you squish, but my lumps are bigger than any boy bits could ever hope to achieve :)

"You wanna speak to the man in charge or the woman who knows what's going on " !

See boys, you're not the only ones able to jack a thread- ROFL
Welcome aboard Heather, now you know what to expect - feel free to join in

Ha! I'm glad I got this pot stirred, when I signed up I noticed how many guys there seemed to be, that's why I named my intro Newbie GAL ! I thought I could stir the ladies out of hiding! I'm glad to be amongst the twisted, I'd be a little worried if I weren't!

I knew you was a bird/she-la!! But I will say "dude" no matter the gender, no offense, lol!! Just a habit dude :)

Josh

I started with a Paasche VL used that for about 6 months than bought an eclipse cs and learned that for about a year or so before buying the Micron. But I learned it is not the airbrush that makes the artist it is the artist that makes the airbrush.
As far as lesser model airbrush , can not really say any of the micro tip airbrush being lessor, H&S make a great airbrush as well as Badger and the paasche talon. are all good airbrushes. I choose the Micron due to Of the great track record I have had with Iwata.
But to have a better understanding and allow you to help you form your own opinion I will direct you to this website...https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/ Now he has not reviewed the Micron But he does give great information ..

Great! Thanks so much for the info. I am checing out the website right now. You know how in the begining of any new adventure you think how much easier and better it will be if you only had the best equipment; so without having any comparison for myself, I was getting hung up on, maybe a different ab does different things. So, I appreciate your experience! You've saved me LOTS of time focusing my attention away from things that would have my time better spent on ab technique.

Welcome to the forum Heather!! Tons of great people and very helpful at that !!!! I too own a micron and they are awesome weapons, lol. However, as far as the pocketbook is concerned....I would recommend the Badger Renegade Krome! This is an outstanding tool, it comes with a fine setup and a super fine setup. Its a gravity feed gun and is very comfortable in hand. I stole mine for a whopping $ 97 bucks!! I caught a great sale around Halloween and this is an outstanding gun to have even if you have a micron. Im blown away by it and would recommend it to anyone starting because of the optional needle setup! Start out with the fine detail needle and nozzle then once you get comfortable with the gun go to the ultra fine setup. As far as the paints and mixing, looks like most of your questions have been answered, I would just like to add that depending on where you are and the climate you have there, that will vary how much you reduce your paints. I live in Oklahoma and find that I have a different mixture every week depending on the weather. Air pressure is key too, depending on what youre painting, and what effect you want, you'll find that you want a mac valve or at least a regulator to control your airpressure. I change mine constantly to get the effects I want. I say just get ya some paint mixed up and spend a whole day playing with ratios, sure, it seems like a lot of trouble, but that helped me out more than anything. Im sure others have different techniques that may be better for what your doing, just wanted to throw out some suggestions! I'd say youre starting out well, and I know several people that started with a NEO and are turning out some pretty fine work with it. Most of it, in my opinion, boils down to TRIGGER CONTROL!! If you can get really good on the trigger, you can eliminate a lot of issues!! Good luck girl, nice to meet ya and Keep Throwin Paint!!

Thanks for the heads up on the Badger, I have been watching a youtube video about it. I kinda like the fact that you can turn the back end and it seems to limit your trigger, so you can't accidently spray too much paint. That's gotta be a good thing for learing. As far as a mac valve, is there one on this ab, or is the mac valve the thing at the end I was just talking about. I saw the mac valve on the micron. But it didn't seem to do anything to the trigger, or am I wrong? (I totally wouldn't be surprised if I was ;-) I have mixed up a bunch of paint, and I have 3 canvases that are just there for me to doodle on, and figure this thing out, so I am def. determined! At lease that something!! Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on the Badger, I have been watching a youtube video about it. I kinda like the fact that you can turn the back end and it seems to limit your trigger, so you can't accidently spray too much paint. That's gotta be a good thing for learing. As far as a mac valve, is there one on this ab, or is the mac valve the thing at the end I was just talking about. I saw the mac valve on the micron. But it didn't seem to do anything to the trigger, or am I wrong? (I totally wouldn't be surprised if I was ;-) I have mixed up a bunch of paint, and I have 3 canvases that are just there for me to doodle on, and figure this thing out, so I am def. determined! At lease that something!! Thanks!

The mac valve allows you to turn down the air pressure from what you have the compressor set at,. So say you have your compressor set at 40PSI but you are not working on hair lines and need lower pressure , All you have to do is screw up the MAC valve and you can lower you PSI in a second instead of having to mess with the compressor. But the MAC valve does not change how far the trigger pushes downward .
Needle stop which controls trigger travel is what allow to move backward is great if your airbrush is running smooth. It allows you to pull the same line width over and over again.

Ha! I'm glad I got this pot stirred, when I signed up I noticed how many guys there seemed to be, that's why I named my intro Newbie GAL ! I thought I could stir the ladies out of hiding! I'm glad to be amongst the twisted, I'd be a little worried if I weren't!

There's a few twisted sisters here Lol, but we always want more, keeping these guys in line is a bit of a handful!

I could always change my name HiJackEr :) but I don't want the 3 amigos to get upset

Hey , I like you join the gang and ya don't have to change your name , Beside I like you just the way you are.:D

I knew you was a bird/she-la!! But I will say "dude" no matter the gender, no offense, lol!! Just a habit dude :)

Josh

Lol I don't mind being called dude, been called far worse Lol. But, convince Ran for me will ya, he doesn't believe me, I think he thinks I'm winding him up (as if LOL!), or that I'm either gay or transgendered or something. Gotta love him!

There's a few twisted sisters here Lol, but we always want more, keeping these guys in line is a bit of a handful!

? Who wants to keep them in line ? I just like to see them running scared LOL

Hey , I like you join the gang and ya don't have to change your name , Beside I like you just the way you are.:D

See.... They get defensive when threatened :)

Last edited:
Lol I don't mind being called dude, been called far worse Lol. But, convince Ran for me will ya, he doesn't believe me, I think he thinks I'm winding him up (as if LOL!), or that I'm either gay or transgendered or something. Gotta love him!

You ! … wind someone up ? Pfttt like you would do something so mean !

ROFL, about time I commanded some respect around here ! Legend in my own lunchtime I am :p

Back