Newbie having some problems

Thanks, Jim. I did test the results with and without a hose. I couldn't hear or feel air coming out at below 23Bar either way.

Whiteknight, might try the regulator idea. I really am not in a financial position to keep throwing money at this, so a new compressor is out of the picture. What I have is working for miniature wargames as long as I don't try fine detail. I am interested in doing other art mediums but will wait until I get better.

Thanks,

- Bob

You don't get any air until 23psi no matter where you set the pressure? Are you lifting the knob to engage the mechanism before adjusting the pressure? It can take a bit of force to get it to snap up.

Jim

IF you have another compresser with a gauge on it attach your gauge from the new one to a quick connect and plug it into the other compresser both gauges should read the same or VERY close if not you have a bad gauge on the new compresser just replace the gauge with a new one.also check to see if the arrow on the pressure regulator is pointing away from the compresser? if not its put on backwards?

Last edited:
Ha! Thanks to the things you folks posted about my compressor, I discovered something very cool tonight. The gauge wasn't seated correctly - the face plate inside the gauge - the actual piece with the number on it. Once I reseated it by further tightening the regulator, the gauge showed that I am getting air out somewhere around 3psi.

If you guys hadn't gotten me thinking about the regulator, I wouldn't have figured it out. Thanks!

I appreciate the help I've gotten here. I hope I am finally on my way. My brushes are all working, my ratios are coming inline and I am getting low psi.

Thanks again, all!

- Bob

Ha! Thanks to the things you folks posted about my compressor, I discovered something very cool tonight. The gauge wasn't seated correctly - the face plate inside the gauge - the actual piece with the number on it. Once I reseated it by further tightening the regulator, the gauge showed that I am getting air out somewhere around 3psi.

If you guys hadn't gotten me thinking about the regulator, I wouldn't have figured it out. Thanks!

I appreciate the help I've gotten here. I hope I am finally on my way. My brushes are all working, my ratios are coming inline and I am getting low psi.

Thanks again, all!

- Bob
You may have just found that all your previous airbrushing issues have been solved too. Let us know how it goes.

Back