Newbie here

J

Joseph Jetton

Hello all.
I just purchased my first air brush for hobby use. I got an Aztek A370 from Michaels as I had a 60% off coupon and an Iwata Ninja compressor. I have no previous experience with airbrushing. The problem is that my Aztek will not connect to my compressor. I can find no iformation about what type of connector to purchase to connect the two. Can anyone tell me what I need to get to be able to use my new airbrush?
Thanks
Joe in Modesto

I checked your ab online and it says it comes with an adapter. Now it didn't say what type of adapter for what type of compressor ( Testors adapter for an Iwata hose/compressor). Maybe give a second look and if it's not there get a hold of the company and let them know your issue. They should be more then willing to help out. I know adapters for the other major companies are available.

I checked your ab online and it says it comes with an adapter. Now it didn't say what type of adapter for what type of compressor ( Testors adapter for an Iwata hose/compressor). Maybe give a second look and if it's not there get a hold of the company and let them know your issue. They should be more then willing to help out. I know adapters for the other major companies are available.
I searched the package thoroughly, and no adaptor. I found a phone number in the instructions, but it is forever busy( been trying for days). I found another number for Testors (they sell Aztek) and called it. No one there was able to help. Infact, they new very little about the product at all other than that they did sell it. They took my contact info and said that if they found anything they would send it to me.
Joe in Modesto

http://www.tcpglobal.com/ABDA-AZTEK.html#.WL8OlMNFDIY

Is this what you need? I'm assuming you need a conversion to 1/8 as that is pretty standard, and I'm guessing that's what the Iwata is. Then you could get a standard hose, and this connector should size it down to your aztek. Don't take my word for it though. lol.

BTW welcome from the UK :)
The Iwata compressor has this adapter in its package, but still not what I need. The Aztek 370 has the hose built into the brush and not easily changed. I was told that if it broke, I would have to send it to Testor and they would replace it for me.
Joe in Modesto

The Iwata compressor has this adapter in its package, but still not what I need. The Aztek 370 has the hose built into the brush and not easily changed. I was told that if it broke, I would have to send it to Testor and they would replace it for me.
Joe in Modesto
I'm thinking you've got a couple options.
1) Bring the airbrush back and trade it either for a Badger Patriot/Anthem or for a Neo CN/BN. Seeing as Testors aren't being too helpful.
2) Bring the compressor back and trade it for the Testors diaphragm model. This "should"connect without any issues. But I see this as down grading.
3) Bring the airbrush back and let them know the adapter is missing and they'll hopefully replace it for the same model plus the adapter.
4) Bring the airbrush back and ask for your money back and order an Iwata Eclipse series online.

But after hearing how the hose is directly connected to airbrush. I see only issues with this airbrush. The above mentioned brands are at my local Micheals. The only thing is if you go Badger you'll need an adapter for the Iwata hose and if you go Badger ab and the Badger hose you might need an adapter for the hose to the compressor... Which My local Micheals doesn't sell these adapters. Likewise if you go for The Neo for Iwata series or any other Iwata airbrush, you will be able to hook up directly to the Iwata hose to Iwata compressor with no problems.
Sorry I couldn't be much more help

And Welcome aboard from Canada

I would take the gun back. It is a very primitive one and will frustrate you more than giving enjoyment.

Last night I took the Aztek back to Michaels. I was at that time willing to just do an even exchange. Well, they did not have another in stock. I took a refund and looked at the Aztek A470. No luck there either. Next I looked at a Badger (Anthem 155 I think). Still out of stock. They called around to other stores in area and no one had any instock. I did find the Badger online and will probably now order that one. Any thoughts on the Badger? Thanks to all who responded to my post.
Joe in Modesto

I'm glad you got a refund.
Now the hunt is on. I know nothing about badgers, but a lot of people have good words to say about them.

Did the compressor go back too ?

Before you buy another brush, what are you hoping to use it for, what kind of area of coverage, what paints do you want to use (can have an effect on nozzle size, if wanting to use effects type paints etc) ? That will help people advise whether this is the brush for you.

Badger is a well respected company, and have always shown great customer service for folks here who have had any issues. I like Iwata, so can't personally comment on performance etc, but many people here are fans.

Remember you will still need an adapter for the badger as they are a different size, but should be readily available. Worth checking before you commit to buying anything though :)

Back