newbie retired usaf

welcome aboard.
you will find a lot of friendly folk around here to lend a hand when you need it.
What brand of brush and paint are you currently working with ?

im currently uaing createx auto air and wicked... glamour 2k.. i have 2 airbrushes.. and hp c and a revolution cr... lrobably getti g rid of both not happy with my results been looking at badger patriot extreme...

is the HP-C the High performance C? if so then you may not be having brush issues it may be more likely paint issues. I have a HP brush that gives me grief occasionally.

Here comes the 101 questions :D
with the Wicked paint, how much are you reducing the paint and what are you reducing it with ?
what pressure are you using ?
what issues are you having, the more detail the better we can help...

I don't know if this is all going to aid your PTSD troubles LOL, this can have you tearing your hair out at times

Cool - welcome from New Zealand. Not sure if you've checked it out but airbrushtutor has some great videos on how to do useful stuff!

Welcome aboard!! I will say, I am a Badger queen. But I also love my Iwatas also. As @JackEb stated, Wickeds can be a bugger to work with for some. I tend to reduce more than suggested, and also ADD the reducer first in the cup, makes life alot easier

sorry guys let me rephrase that i ahve no issuess with the paint what so ever i reduce and it flows great.. i think my issue is more with the guns i dont feel i have the trigger control and have a hard time pulling lines when practicing

sorry guys let me rephrase that i ahve no issuess with the paint what so ever i reduce and it flows great.. i think my issue is more with the guns i dont feel i have the trigger control and have a hard time pulling lines when practicing

If you can't manage with your iwatas, I doubt switching to badger will make it any better unless it's a balance/weight thing, I would suggest you try using the under knuckle of your trigger finger rather than the tip of the finger, I've just recently started doing this after seeing Dru Blair do it and it does surprisingly allow for far more control, especially with larger nozzles which by nature just want to throw everything out at once, how long have you been practising? it takes time to get used to any airbrush and to build muscly memory.

And welcome to the forum:)

Welcome home . So where you from? How long you been airbrushing?
I can relate to battle fatigue or ptsd as the younger folks call it now. Airbrushing helps when things work well .
I always suggest pick one paint brand to learn and stick with it . Know what colors to reduced more then others as every color will act differently .
I learned the hard way of trying different brand that not all paints will need the same reduction as others .
Learning what air pressure to shoot at and the difference between using a studio(tankless) and a tanked compressor has when trying to learn .
So what compressor are you using?
studio compressor while with air off will show you are at about 35 to 40 PSI when the air is on it drops to about 15 to 20 . Which means you paint may not be reduced enough for that low of air pressure.
But after you get everything figured out it will be a lot easier .

Hi welcome from the UK. :)

If you want to try another ab, then by all means. But Iwata guns are awesome, and although trigger control will vary responsively over different brands, the trigger control action will be the same. As said above it takes a little time to build muscle memory, and get comfortable with your grip. If you have large hands some people find building up the trigger and making it taller by adding a pad, hot glue, or putty etc can help.

What happens when you are pulling a line? If it is a spasm or fatigue then that will pass with practise, if there is skipping, splats, spiders etc, then that could be down to paint reduction/pressure, but is likely due to a slight blockage/dirty nozzle. If you post pics we can see what is happening and identify the issue :)

Welcome. I like my badgers, the patriot is nice. Needle has a different grind on it. It's different from my other units the way it controls spray patterns. Maybe find a used one flea bay. I picked up several at great prices. I think I got one for 30 bucks and it's like new. I like my renegades too. And my old 150's which are dime a dozen. GIVE them a try you never know.

Back