Newbie!

T

Tomasmcadam

Hello all.

I came here because I'm having big problems with my new airbrush, I was hoping someone could help me :(

I'm English, but I've been living in Barcelona for 4 years. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome home.
Now how about a lot more information prior to getting the answers you need.
What airbrushes do you own to include the one you are having an issue with?
what type of compressor are you using and at what PSI/BAR?
What paints (brand) are you using ie ... Createx Wicked, Illustration , Trident, HOK , E'Tac
See while a lot of folks only want to give use little information on their introduction as you can see by my questions if all these had been answered it would make getting your answer a lot faster:D
Oh I almost forgot how long have you been airbrushing and what do you airbrush on... ie Body painting, canvas , paper , wood , metal .
See so much information needed just to help answer a question LOL

Welcome home.
Now how about a lot more information prior to getting the answers you need.
What airbrushes do you own to include the one you are having an issue with?
what type of compressor are you using and at what PSI/BAR?
What paints (brand) are you using ie ... Createx Wicked, Illustration , Trident, HOK , E'Tac
See while a lot of folks only want to give use little information on their introduction as you can see by my questions if all these had been answered it would make getting your answer a lot faster:D
Oh I almost forgot how long have you been airbrushing and what do you airbrush on... ie Body painting, canvas , paper , wood , metal .
See so much information needed just to help answer a question LOL

My apologies. I'm very new to airbrushing, I've been using an iwata revolution CR with a 3mm nozzle. This is the only one I have and this is the one with the problems.

I'm a sculptor/creature designer, so I usually sculpt in super sculpey or chavant, then paint with a combination of brush and now airbrush.

I'm currently at work, so I can't name my compressor, but I'm aware that it's not a good one... Cost me 125€.

The brands of paint I use are FW inks, and some opaque acrylics such as vallejo.

Over the weekend I'll try to explain a bit more.

Thanks, and apologies again.

Welcome to the forum aka madhouse here,first thing I would do is to take the brush head/nozzle and give them a good cleaning (by good I mean clean it once then do it again to make sure it's clean):thumbsup: then put it back together with some bees wax or chapstick on the threads, Then see if it will spray water good.if it sprays water then it's working as it should,next try paint mixed about 5 drops reducer to 1 drop of paint,that should spray well at 25 to 30 psi,if not the paints to thick still for the air brush and needs to be reduced more add a drop of reducer at a time to the mix and try again till it sprays

Welcome to the forum aka madhouse here,first thing I would do is to take the brush head/nozzle and give them a good cleaning (by good I mean clean it once then do it again to make sure it's clean):thumbsup: then put it back together with some bees wax or chapstick on the threads, Then see if it will spray water good.if it sprays water then it's working as it should,next try paint mixed about 5 drops reducer to 1 drop of paint,that should spray well at 25 to 30 psi,if not the paints to thick still for the air brush and needs to be reduced more add a drop of reducer at a time to the mix and try again till it sprays

Great advice, thank you.

I'm currently at work, so I'll try all these tips when I get home.

Great forum!!! So glad I registered. If anyone needs and sculpting tips I'd be happy to help, or brush painting ;)

Welcome to the family from your homeland in the UK :). Post up some pics of your sculptures, we'd love to see them.

You def joined the best forum, we're all about sharing and caring, what someone here can help you with today, you can help someone with tomorrow and the world gets a little bit happier :D

Welcome to the forum Tomas. Tell us exactly what the problem is your having with the airbrush. One of us or more will have the answer as we have all gone through the same or similar issues in the past.

Lee

Welcome to the family from your homeland in the UK :). Post up some pics of your sculptures, we'd love to see them.

You def joined the best forum, we're all about sharing and caring, what someone here can help you with today, you can help someone with tomorrow and the world gets a little bit happier :D
Welcome to the forum Tomas. Tell us exactly what the problem is your having with the airbrush. One of us or more will have the answer as we have all gone through the same or similar issues in the past.

Lee

AWESOME!

I sure wish I could sculpt, such a rare and ancient art form. Being a journeyman stucco plasterer, I love playing with mud.

Little piece of trivia. Michelangelo did the Sistine chapel with colored mud, so essentially it is a stucco job not a painting. That's why he is the patron saint of Plasterers

And I do know he finished with paints. And he was not a saint, but stuccoers tend not to be overly religious =P

Welcome to the forum Tomasmcdam, I can't help you much sense I'm a beginner my self. But in this case I can say that like with any air brush or air gun for paint, cleanliness is a must and reduction with combination of air pressure just like basepaint said just follow his reduction advice. And that may help. Good luck. You have come to the best forum ever.

Back