R

rab3rd

Hello from the states, Houston Texas to be exact. I have just started my trip down airbrush lane and discovered this forum via the airbrush tutor you tube videos. Last year I went to a local art school that teaches airbrushing but they wanted me to take a drawing class first to make sure I knew how to draw, so I did, and I completed the class without any trouble. Then they wanted me to take a second drawing class, even though my first drawing was quite good. I decided that they really were just after my money so I didnt take the second drawing class and never got to the airbrush classes. I stepped away from it for almost a year. Well now I am going to try going at it on my own.

Wish me luck. Ill post a picture of the drawing I did in their "drawing 1" class later and you can tell me if its good enough....

Rob

first airbrush.jpg

My first project from last year. Done on my own....

Fox.jpg

The drawing from the art class about 90% finished

Some of the pros in the business will tell you that you do not need to know how to draw to be a great airbrush artist , But for me Drawing is a plus .
But should not have been needed to get into an airbrush course . You have found the right place to learn and gain knowledge on airbrushing.
Have you bought equipment yet?
Cool drawings now it is time to put away the color pencils and pick up that airbrush and practice Dots, Dagger strokes, fades and blends.. The more you practice those the more control over the airbrush you will have.

Oh and Welcome home nice to add you into the family.

Thanks Micron. The colored one is done with airbrush except for the body of the bee and the veins in the leaves. Yes I already have brushes, two in fact both are dual action. One gravity feed and one siphon feed. Cant remember which brand for some reason. One of the big three. I also have a little single stage compressor, again cant remember which brand. Some wicked paint, both opaque and transparent. And some Dr Phil's paint.

No doubt being able to draw is a major plus, and while Im not great at it I think I can do it well enough to learn how to airbrush. I am also a photographer and have been for many years so I do have a decent understand of light and how it works.

Anyway, I ramble... thanks for the welcome.

Yep. All U need is practice practice drill.

Odoslané z GT-I9300 pomocou Tapatalku

Wow, looking around on here there are some great artist doing some great work.... Makes my skills look like, well, they done exist. LOL....

Hi rab, welcome from the uk, you just joined the best AB school! I think most people learn from the internet these days, and if you do want a course you will find out the best ones to go to here, and I believe the Airbrush Tutor is working on some paid detailed lessons right here too, as well as all the expertise you can get from the amazing artists here.

Wow, looking around on here there are some great artist doing some great work.... Makes my skills look like, well, they done exist. LOL....

Do not let the practice of the many frighten you , We all started out in your shoes .
Some take to it like a duck to water others (like me ) have to work harder for it. But the more you practice the better you get..

Oh even the pros call everything the do practice :D

Thanks, thats my MR fat cat... He weighs about 22 Lbs! I call him Buba, all he needs is some overalls..... ;-)

Her name is Delilah. Im lucky to get shots of her, rarely is she sitting still if she isnt asleep. The cat in the chairs real name is Heulyn (ray of sun) and the other cat, a girl is Lua (moon). I just call him buba because he got so fat after I had him cut.... Both cats are pure breed British short hairs, same cat as in Alice in Wonder Land....

Her name is Delilah. Im lucky to get shots of her, rarely is she sitting still if she isnt asleep. The cat in the chairs real name is Heulyn (ray of sun) and the other cat, a girl is Lua (moon). I just call him buba because he got so fat after I had him cut.... Both cats are pure breed British short hairs, same cat as in Alice in Wonder Land....

Oh I can not let my daughter know that .. She is a anime freak and love Alice in wonderland (american mcgee version) She would have me out buying them...

they are great cats. They are considered "grounded" cats as they dont really like to climb, and they dont really want to sit in your lap. They like to be near you, just not on you. Thats why I chose the breed. Very easy going laid back cats...

View attachment 23834

My first project from last year. Done on my own....

View attachment 23835

The drawing from the art class about 90% finished

Very nice drawings indeed Rab, but the shading in the dogs ears should be on the same side on both ears, but they would have told you that had you taken that second class. LOL

I'm just kidding these really are cool and it all helps, you'll find everything else you need to know right here.

And welcome again to our mad house, lol

they are great cats. They are considered "grounded" cats as they dont really like to climb, and they dont really want to sit in your lap. They like to be near you, just not on you. Thats why I chose the breed. Very easy going laid back cats...

Well I just have outside cats & Bobcats that have deemed me their food giver and water bearer .. But I am good with that.
The Bobcat is getting use to me now but has only gotten close enough for me to touch his back once. But he is a beauty . Then when have the other 3 cats who have also adopted me.. A long haired gray , a funky calico tabby mix and a jet black short hair who knows no stranger...

But I best no leave out the Raccoon that come and eat the left over cats food I put out,,,LOL

Back