Newby from Cali

Mark Frederick

Young Tutorling
I'm getting back into costume and model building. I never use an AB so this will be some kind of adventure. I always used brush on paints for aging distressing my costumes. I have a couple Bobba and Jango Fett helmets to do. Also a few Rebel pilot helmets to customize for display in my collection. I'm going to move back into the cars and planes and other things when I'm done with those helmets.
Just needing some pointers and these forums seem like the right bunch of info that can help!

Hi Mark welcome to the forum. From Dubuque IA, US. I'M almost certain that they are BSP thread, British Standardo Pipe. They are diferent threads compare to NPT, national pipe thread. I would suggest that you go some where that sells hydraulic and hose equipment or any place that specialize in fetings. Just take what you have. Now I know that if is NPT thread you measure inside. The thread look tapered and the BSP are straight thread. Any way some one here besides me will get back to you. The guys and gals are a grate bunch of people. Good luck Mark.

Hi Mark, welcome from New Zealand. I see your question in the front page, that will disappear quickly. Make a new thread under maybe beginner airbrush questions is the best idea.

so when does the newbie status end? LOL when does the "unnewbie" status start lol? Thanks everyone for the help and greetings. Johnny T, good advice that my mom also used, bring the parts with you and ask a salesman/manager. Mom always had a way of explaining things! lol I did do some research on the BSP and I was familiar with NPT so maybe between all this information I can get it done and set up this weekend.
Now where did I put that airbrush?

Welcome to the forum Mark. We will get you sorted one way or another. Any questions, just drop a post in the relevant section and someone will get back to you pretty quickly.

lee

Hi from the UK. The newbie status - some people (me lol) never move past it, you'd think Id get better at abing after a few years right :D. Still learning.

Back