Newby from Wales,uk

P

paulcouk

Hi
I just taking up Airbrushing or should be I trying to take up airbrushing, Ive got a cheep air brush to start will, to see whether or not I take to it..Ive been watching a lot of video's over and over again. so I thought
it time to try it, so I will be asking ton's questions and I think ton's off help
Paulcouk

Hi Paul, welcome from New Zealand... one thing you might find is cheap airbrushes don't help... see how you go... ask lots... :) Dots and daggers are your friend.

Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum, Like Mark said you may have issues with the cheap airbrush but see how you get on. Don't give up. Ask us questions.

Lee

welcome from Australia Paul,
what paint are you currently using ?

Hey Paul, welcome from England. As the guys have said, cheap brushes can make you think you cant do this, if you find you're struggling even after all the advice you'll get here, its probably the brush and not you. It sucks cos you don't want to spend out til you know if you like it, but the cheapos can stop you learning properly. But there's lots of good eggs here to help you get the best out of it :)

Hi everyone, Thank you for your welcome !!!
The paint Im using is createx illustration colors and some transparent
Ive got two cheep brush the came with the compressor..
I also have Harder's & steenbeck it is the ultra one...
The Harder's & steenbeck ultra is the one I'm having trouble with ill try and explain
the air is 20 Im using black thinned down...
I do some practice work but when I use the brush again when I push down to turn the air on I get a splatter of paint coming out of the brush on on to the paper ( this only happens one time I then do some work with it and everything fine until I stop and use the brush again the same things happen a splatter again ) this only happens every time I stop using the brush a splatter and then normal
I don't if Ive explained it right

that's normally caused by a build up of paint on the needle tip.
the hardest thing when starting is remembering to keep the air on, keep a scrap piece of paper alongside your painting to spray onto before returning to your art.
it will all come together, it takes time,

What JackEb said, and also it could be that the nozzle is not clean and the needle is not seating properly. Nozzles are tricksy little beggars, they may look clean, but I am amazed at what can hide in there, and it only takes a speck.
Also what compressor do you have. If it is a tankless one, that could be part of the problem to as air can pulse so there is no consistency.

Welcome! Yes keep the air on that will help with the "splatter" when you pick up the brush after setting it down or stopping - air - paint - air - off

Welcome Home Paulcouk ,
One suggestion I will offer you , Pick one paint brand to start out with. Learn its' ins and outs , It will make using different brands a lot easier in the long run.

Back