No Paint comes out

N

NubSix

Hi!!

I just joined. I am new to airbrushing. I have an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. I have used it bout 8 times and its been awhile since the last use. I fired everything up today for a new painting I am working on. I shake up the paints and put them in, and no paint. I clean it out and put it back together. It sprays water just fine. Soon a I put paint....... nothing.. Can someone help me fix this issue ??

Thanks

what are you using for paint and what PSI are you spraying at? also you might want to go to into section and tell us about yourself and equip. and how long you have been painting as that helps us out on any prob. you have

reduce your paint about 5 drops reducer/water to 1 drop of paint and see if that sprays for you at that psi

Straight createx will clog a .35 faster than my dog eats bacon. And im gonna tell you that is fast!

I use createx at times and even in my bcs with a .5 i reduce 10 percent.

I added reducer to it ..... and it was transparent color.. but i am new at this so... I will check it out

Straight createx will clog a .35 faster than my dog eats bacon. And im gonna tell you that is fast!

I use createx at times and even in my bcs with a .5 i reduce 10 percent.
Even spraying at 60 psi I got clogs with it straight from the bottle

I added reducer to it ..... and it was transparent color.. but i am new at this so... I will check it out
Make sure you put reducer in first then paint and it gets mixed up, if it sprays water fine its the paint.

when I first started painting with it doing fishing lures it was at 50/60 psi and I used to take a new bottle and do a 50/50 mix into an empty one just to start

thanks for the advice peeps .. I let you know after dinner.. Getting Hangry

Okay , You say you have broken down the airbrush for cleaning.
things to check make sure the head cap has not air leaks # 3 on the pic (A little bees wax or chapstick will help seal this)
Nexted paint reduction , When you say Createx now a days that can mean anything from Standard textile Createx , the Wicked line or the Illustration line.
Reduction for the textile is about 1 drop paint to 6-10 drops reducer (It is designed for a .5 set up at 50 to 60 PSI.
If it spray water it should spray paint but if it has to much of an air leak or the paint is to thick it will not flow
eclparts600px.png

Welcome James. From the pix on FB it appears to be regular Createx from what I can see. Nice pics there! In my CS I even have to reduce the heck out of Wicked to get it to spray!

Welcome James. From the pix on FB it appears to be regular Createx from what I can see. Nice pics there! In my CS I even have to reduce the heck out of Wicked to get it to spray!

Thing is I spray the black no problem when i do my practice template. I am bout to do Mr.Microns idea and see how that works.

Although it is spraying water, is the spray pattern good. If it is heavier on one side, or an odd shape, then your nozzle probably isn't clean. Any teeny amount of dried paint in the nozzle will affect performance. Plus what pressure is it spraying water at? It should spray water even at low pressure, if it isn't that could be another indicator that all is not clean in the nozzle.

Ok , everyone. I did everything suggested.. I feel like such a noob.... but now nothing comes out. i put a few drops of transparent paint in the airbrush. Nothing except a tiny tiny tiny spurt of paint when the trigger went back forward

Ok , everyone. I did everything suggested.. I feel like such a noob.... but now nothing comes out. i put a few drops of transparent paint in the airbrush. Nothing except a tiny tiny tiny spurt of paint when the trigger went back forward

You have a blockage in your nozzle, you need to soak it and clean it really good, you have the tiniest spec of dried paint stuck in there.

what do I soak it in ?

Airbrush restorer, but you can clean with cellulose or acetone if you have any (not by soaking) you can even spray either through but do it out doors and then run some airbrush cleaner then water through.

Back