Noob from nyc

I aint gettin on no plane.

Welcome to the forum Sixx loads of great artists and a ton of information here to help you on your airbrush journey. Good to see you here.

Lee

at first glance your pressure looks as if it may be to high/you're pulling to far back on the trigger -
all those spider legs on the 'line' are usually a sign of pressure to high, to much pull back on trigger, to slow when moving.

upload_2017-8-30_10-54-6.png

Question time:
What pressure have you got set on the compressor.
What paint are you using?
Are you reducing it at all?

at first glance your pressure looks as if it may be to high/you're pulling to far back on the trigger -
all those spider legs on the 'line' are usually a sign of pressure to high, to much pull back on trigger, to slow when moving.

View attachment 49719

Question time:
What pressure have you got set on the compressor.
What paint are you using?
Are you reducing it at all?
That was at about 40-45 psi .. createx original paint i believe my problem is thinning the paint ive been thinning with ab cleaner as im waiting for reducer in mail... but i think i reduced t too much as for speed i was moving at a moderate pace

That was at about 40-45 psi .. createx original paint i believe my problem is thinning the paint ive been thinning with ab cleaner as im waiting for reducer in mail... but i think i reduced t too much as for speed i was moving at a moderate pace
The Createx original is designed for textile not for paper, you really aren't going to get much joy using it on paper, but having said that your skull looks pretty darn good :thumbsup:
If you can, get a bottle or two of Createx wicked or wicked detail, and then drop the pressure to about 20psi.
Did you get the Createx 4012 reducer?

The Createx original is designed for textile not for paper, you really aren't going to get much joy using it on paper, but having said that your skull looks pretty darn good :thumbsup:
If you can, get a bottle or two of Createx wicked or wicked detail, and then drop the pressure to about 20psi.
Did you get the Createx 4012 reducer?
Ordered createx wicked blk( not detail blk) amd createx reducer 5608.. thnks i never knew it wasnt for paper, thats why i love this forum.. jewels of info

Ordered createx wicked blk( not detail blk) amd createx reducer 5608.. thnks i never knew it wasnt for paper, thats why i love this forum.. jewels of info
I hate to tell you but the 5608 is the illustration transparent base, designed for the "illustration" range, its not a reducer. The terminology can be confusing so don't feel bad. Many of use have been caught out by these products. It can be used with the Wicked too.
Transparent base is basically colourless paint, used to reduce pigment load so it makes your paint more transparent, it will not reduce the viscosity of the paint to make it flow better. That is what the Createx HP reducer (4012) is for
You can use both together so you haven't wasted your money but the 4012 is what you want.

You'll need lots of the 4012... way more than paint.. cleans out the brush better than the airbrush cleaner too I think. It's good stuff. And welcome to the forum

Back