Normal house hold paint

depending on the size of the object being sprayed, it might be worth investing in a small spray gun/ airbrush soley for large coverage rather than an airbrush. You mentioned that you're spraying solid colour so you may not have the need for an airbrush that can do detailed work.

maybe something like the Iwata TH may suit your needs. just keep in mind the cfm requirements of the larger brushes/spray guns

Challenge FAIL lol

Now........ back on topic......

Createx paint is good for 90% of surfaces..... Standard createx is great for fabric not so good at small nozzle fine artwork, that's where the rest of the range excels.

When you say "the rest of the range" do you mean the other Createx product lines like Wicked or Illustration? Or do you mean the other brands of paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone say BBQ? [emoji102]

Oh yes Being from Texas El Paso area I live to BBQ winter spring summer and fall I have the smoke rolling and a few gallons of shine to help pass the time . Today I have smoke carnitas set up on about a 14 hour cook to make sure they are nice and tender and melt in your mouth goodness :D
While I miss West Texas I love raising my own hogs and cattle to put on the table :D Garden fresh veggies at harvest time.

When you say "the rest of the range" do you mean the other Createx product lines like Wicked or Illustration? Or do you mean the other brands of paint?

Wicked and illustration , AutoAir and Candy O2 which are all made by Createx .

Oh yes Being from Texas El Paso area I live to BBQ winter spring summer and fall I have the smoke rolling and a few gallons of shine to help pass the time . Today I have smoke carnitas set up on about a 14 hour cook to make sure they are nice and tender and melt in your mouth goodness :D
While I miss West Texas I love raising my own hogs and cattle to put on the table :D Garden fresh veggies at harvest time.

Doesn't get much better than that! San Antonio here. Only thing that beats melt in your mouth carnitas is barbacoa for breakfast. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

When I started out I had been bought the same kit as you, I then went to my local hobby craft and picked up a selection of fw inks (acrylic made for airbrush and pens) they are water based and offer quite a selection of opaque and transparent I sprayed wood,plastic , metal etc a seemed to cover fine..

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Doesn't get much better than that! San Antonio here. Only thing that beats melt in your mouth carnitas is barbacoa for breakfast. [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

I had that this morning LOL yes nothing beats barbacoa for breakfast :D

I'll be hung burned and torched for saying this. I have used bucket paint in an airbrush it has a larger head 1.06mm paasche bottom feed. It can be tricky and has a tendency to clog if you don't clean it religiously, not the best option. A mini hvlp gun or normal size hvlp gun works great with thinned down bucket paint. However you need a bigger compressor for that stuff.
Disclaimer it comes down to the job. If you are going to use it all the time I might consider something else. I would listen to these guys or go with a mini hvlp gun if you wanted to use bucket paint.

The brushes that the poster has are .3mm & .35mm, you're not going to push household paint through that with any success.
For the coverage being sought and the brushes that he has mentioned I'd still recommend the Createx Airbrush Paint, Createx Wicked or Createx wicked Detail. (and the relevant reducer) I'm not familiar with other brands so i'll leave that for others to comment.

If we knew what size objects are likely to be painted we could probably be a little more precise.

When I started out I had been bought the same kit as you, I then went to my local hobby craft and picked up a selection of fw inks (acrylic made for airbrush and pens) they are water based and offer quite a selection of opaque and transparent I sprayed wood,plastic , metal etc a seemed to cover fine..

Thanks for this, going to hobby craft tomorrow to pick up acrylic paint and thinners. the kit arrived today compressor and guns very happy :)

Thanks for this, going to hobby craft tomorrow to pick up acrylic paint and thinners. the kit arrived today compressor and guns very happy :)
The fw inks are in little bottles with a pipet eye dropper type top. Usually about £5.50 a bottle just make sure you give them a bloody good shake before using.

Hey dont know do you know realistic airbrush\brush mix media artist mane Dennis Peterson, he use house paints to paint his mind blowing paintings usualy he put them thru airbrush. Please Google his name !

Back