nozzle clean

B

boneman65

tools.... small solvent safe dish, nozzle wrench and solvent safe eyedropper
20151114_091739_resized.jpg 20151114_091834_resized.jpg
use wrench to hold nozzle, fill eyedropper with good solvent (i used M.E.K. methyl ethyl keytone free from work) 20151114_092332_resized.jpg hold wrench with nozzle one hand and flush nozzle several times eyedropper filled with solvent... you can put nozzle and eyedropper in solvent and rapid flush several times lol
20151114_093509_resized.jpg i would say 75% of sediment was from nozzle

10 minutes and totally clean no paint what so ever in nozzle( couldnt take a pic cause phone wont focus that small lol there is my tip for the year...lol

remember to always wear safety equipment : respirators and glasses when working with solvents....probally gloves too lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ps never mind my pink hands i have a bad case of poison oak!! :cry:

I do that almost the same way but I also use sanded toothpick. The tothpick out of the box can go through only 0.5mm nozzle so for smaller nozzles the toothpick should be sanded to fit the nozzle.
I use urethanes so the gloves are always on my hands.
It's 0.2mm nozzle.
P2121056.JPG

I need nozzle wrench for hp-cs eclipse mine didn't come with it just cap wrench.

You said your nozzle is screwed in? the .035 has an all brass nozzle not a screw in you might have the wrong nozzle in the brush thats why you didn't get a nozzle wrench with the airbrush

I'm assuming it screws in its so small hard to tell. But it does appear to not be round it appears to have two flat sides

It's not necessary to hold the nozzle by a wrench. It would be even not convenient for 0.35 Eclipce nozzle. I hold the nozzle when cleaning by squeezers or even by two fingers but always wearing glowes.

I remove mine to clean. Tho I have cross threaded one once. Gotta be careful. They are tricky to clean over the "step" inside with out removing, in MO.

Dan

Back