Oil problem

Ricktarsprayer75

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I have a bambi compressor and when i bought it 6 months ago i filled it to the correct level on the sight glass. I have then topped it up once after a bit of use. I imagine that the oil had now clung to the inside and coated parts so the level will appear lower.
I noticed when i last sprayed that the level is well below where it should be!
This is after it has cooled and been stood a while, even now 2 days after spraying it is well below.
Im wondering if anyone knows where my oil has gone as its baffling me.
Its not a combustion engine so it cant be burning off so i just dont get it.
If anyone else has a bambi is this normal.
I have it on a level surface by the way.

No, clean as a whistle.
Im going to check the manual to see how much its supposed to hold and then check whats left in the bottle.
The thing is when i topped it up i actually overfilled it slightly.
I dont know if it could find its way into the air tank. I dont use the drain valve on the bottom as its faulty and has to be screwed in really tight so i just unscrew the hose and let it drain.
I,ll try and open it tommorow and see what comes out.
And top it up

They do loose oil through the air and into the tank. Iwata puts a partial separator in line after the compressor and before the tank with a drain hose to leach off the oil and moisture. I do have to empty it after several uses and I do loose some oil but not too much. These are refrigerator compressors meant for a closed loop system so that oil returns through the refrigeration lines along with the rg32 gass. So being it is made as an open loop system there will be oil loss. If your compressor is running too hot you can add a fan on the head to reduce some of the heat and less oil will escape. If there is no separator before the tank you are most likely building up oil and water in the air tank. I would invest in a new drain valve. Also as more moisture builds in the tank it will become harder and harder to compress the air because liquid can not compress as easily as air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

They do loose oil through the air and into the tank. Iwata puts a partial separator in line after the compressor and before the tank with a drain hose to leach off the oil and moisture. I do have to empty it after several uses and I do loose some oil but not too much. These are refrigerator compressors meant for a closed loop system so that oil returns through the refrigeration lines along with the rg32 gass. So being it is made as an open loop system there will be oil loss. If your compressor is running too hot you can add a fan on the head to reduce some of the heat and less oil will escape. If there is no separator before the tank you are most likely building up oil and water in the air tank. I would invest in a new drain valve. Also as more moisture builds in the tank it will become harder and harder to compress the air because liquid can not compress as easily as air.

Thanks for the advice ad. I,ll check whats in my tank b4 doing anything.
Im glad i asked as i just thought my workshop floor was on a slant at first. I used a spirit level to find a level surface and it was still well below the fill level. Thanks again:thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice ad. I,ll check whats in my tank b4 doing anything.
Im glad i asked as i just thought my workshop floor was on a slant at first. I used a spirit level to find a level surface and it was still well below the fill level. Thanks again:thumbsup:
All i can say is wow.
It just shows how invaluable this forum is. I opened the drain valve and this is what came out, frothy white oil and water mixed together. I reckon about a little below half a pint.
The pic is only half of it.
Thanks again airbrush dreams as if id left it and just topped up and carried on im sure it would have overheated or broke in the end. At £360 theyre not cheap.
I think the oil has helped the valve as its sealing now ha ha
And b4 anyone says it i know i should have put a tray under or paper towel:whistling::lipssealed: but i really didnt expect that amount to come out.
Myself and my wallet sincerely thank you for replying once again airbrush dreams:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20170226_103705.jpg
    20170226_103705.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 16
All i can say is wow.
It just shows how invaluable this forum is. I opened the drain valve and this is what came out, frothy white oil and water mixed together. I reckon about a little below half a pint.
The pic is only half of it.
Thanks again airbrush dreams as if id left it and just topped up and carried on im sure it would have overheated or broke in the end. At £360 theyre not cheap.
I think the oil has helped the valve as its sealing now ha ha
And b4 anyone says it i know i should have put a tray under or paper towel:whistling::lipssealed: but i really didnt expect that amount to come out.
Myself and my wallet sincerely thank you for replying once again airbrush dreams:thumbsup:
That exactly what will drain off out of my Great White Shark. It is the only bad feature of the silent compressor world. It is also recommended to completely change the oils after two years or a certain amount of hours. I notice with the Bambi it is a flat smooth head rather than a fined head which helps better with heat disbursement, so a fan blowing on the head would definitely be a plus.
49f99ebd5649d2097454dceb693a107f.jpg
this is what has drained off mine for about the last 2 to three months and roughly about 60 hours worth of painting. Just imagine having that in the tank. Thanks to Iwata having the insight to put a particle separator before the tank. As you can see it has that same milky white mix of oil and water floating on top of the water.

I would be extra careful when moving it just to make sure that's not part of the problem. It sounds like you are maybe using a bit more than usual, and that could be getting into the tank when moving it around as well as just through regular use. Drain your tank regularly, even when you solve the oil problem water will reduce the amount of air that can be stored, and also make your motor work harder.

I would be extra careful when moving it just to make sure that's not part of the problem. It sounds like you are maybe using a bit more than usual, and that could be getting into the tank when moving it around as well as just through regular use. Drain your tank regularly, even when you solve the oil problem water will reduce the amount of air that can be stored, and also make your motor work harder.
Thanks squishy, just finished for the day and drained it from the main bottom drain valve.
About a teaspoon of oily water came out. Also checked the moisture trap on the comp and released a quarter of a cupful of water that i didnt know was there. Thanks again youve both saved me paying out for a new comp:thumbsup:

Back