Okay, I have to ask...These Olympos being sold on ebay...

You know what I say. If you are unsure and uneasy about getting one than don't buy one. If you than all you will be doing is looking for reasons not to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone loves/hates different brushes for a variety of reasons. What is someone's baby that they love, and stroke and cherish, is someone elses' personal nightmare. The best way to find out is to try one. You seems like you have experience of a few brushes, so you will know instantly if it is going to be something you are comfortable with, and if it has the quality you were expecting, (a knock off no matter how good is going to have inferior build quality and materials) the atomisation performance you were hoping for, (again a knock off will be poles apart as it won't have the same precision machine work) etc etc. So I'm with Rebel, just try your mates brush, then please give us your review. With your experience of different brushes it would be good to have that comparison. The proof is in the pudding.

@frank artale has been very generous in gifting a few of these brushes to folks on the forum, and I'm gutted I missed it lol. To me that speaks of someone who believes in his product and wants to spread the word. It makes no sense to me to do that on a forum with this many members, some of whom are high profile, with many many more unregistered folks popping in also, if there was a possibility that one of the recipients would then slate the brushes for not being what they said they were. I know your intention was to get info rather than to cast doubt upon frank, however I think props go to frank for responding as he has, as it could very easily be taken the wrong way. You're a good egg frank.

I think Olympos really need to get it together with websites and public image etc etc if they want to be taken seriously though. No matter how well a product may perform, you have to get it in the customers hand first before it's appreciated, and folks like to have a bit of brand security behind them before they part with their money, know a bit about the history of the company/product, with reviews to back it up regarding performance, longevity of parts, quality, and whether it holds up over time. In short they need to have faith in the company and the product. Reputation - It is why I longed for, and eventually after a long time of wishing got a micron, pretty much based on its rep, and faith in Iwatas quality alone. It may not be everyones fave, but it became my holy grail, and didn't disappoint me, it was everything I hoped for and I love it. That kind of faith and security is something Olympus need to be building, and if they can do that at these prices, it's a sure fire winner.

As Mark said, maybe that is something folks around here can help with. If folks agree with franks opinion, and it's kinder to the wallet too than comparable brushes, then maybe there's a way to get it some attention. I'm interested to know what our spreader of love thinks too.

Everyone loves/hates different brushes for a variety of reasons. What is someone's baby that they love, and stroke and cherish, is someone elses' personal nightmare. The best way to find out is to try one. You seems like you have experience of a few brushes, so you will know instantly if it is going to be something you are comfortable with, and if it has the quality you were expecting, (a knock off no matter how good is going to have inferior build quality and materials) the atomisation performance you were hoping for, (again a knock off will be poles apart as it won't have the same precision machine work) etc etc. So I'm with Rebel, just try your mates brush, then please give us your review. With your experience of different brushes it would be good to have that comparison. The proof is in the pudding.

@frank artale has been very generous in gifting a few of these brushes to folks on the forum, and I'm gutted I missed it lol. To me that speaks of someone who believes in his product and wants to spread the word. It makes no sense to me to do that on a forum with this many members, some of whom are high profile, with many many more unregistered folks popping in also, if there was a possibility that one of the recipients would then slate the brushes for not being what they said they were. I know your intention was to get info rather than to cast doubt upon frank, however I think props go to frank for responding as he has, as it could very easily be taken the wrong way. You're a good egg frank.

I think Olympos really need to get it together with websites and public image etc etc if they want to be taken seriously though. No matter how well a product may perform, you have to get it in the customers hand first before it's appreciated, and folks like to have a bit of brand security behind them before they part with their money, know a bit about the history of the company/product, with reviews to back it up regarding performance, longevity of parts, quality, and whether it holds up over time. In short they need to have faith in the company and the product. Reputation - It is why I longed for, and eventually after a long time of wishing got a micron, pretty much based on its rep, and faith in Iwatas quality alone. It may not be everyones fave, but it became my holy grail, and didn't disappoint me, it was everything I hoped for and I love it. That kind of faith and security is something Olympus need to be building, and if they can do that at these prices, it's a sure fire winner.

As Mark said, maybe that is something folks around here can help with. If folks agree with franks opinion, and it's kinder to the wallet too than comparable brushes, then maybe there's a way to get it some attention. I'm interested to know what our spreader of love thinks too.
ME TOO !!

our love spreader messaged me that he got them . He gave them a quick test. but nothing indepth yet. I won't say what he said because it would be my opinion of what he said. plus i won't steal his thunder (from down under). when he is ready to review them I trust he will be completely honest.

From what I've read, some of the good deals on eBay for airbrushes are "back door" models. The Iwatas that had defects in the factory and did not pass quality control are removed from the shipments that are to be sold. Those airbrushes sometimes make it out the back door by employees & are sold on the black market (eBay).

As for Olympos, rumor says it went out of business and was bought by ex employees, and they are making them again.

The purpose of my post is for the truth, whether it's good or bad or whatever. Badger bought Thayer & Chandler and makes them. Are they "real" Thayer & Chandler now?

Anyway, here's what Olympos said:

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

On the fourth page it says stock will diminish, not a lot was made in the beginning. The prices will go up when supplies diminish, because making more parts (that don't have defects) are difficult to make. That would explain the temporary low prices.

On the first page it says they will make Olympos for a long duration into the future.

That's what I got from it.

Last edited:
From what I've read, some of the good deals on eBay for airbrushes are "back door" models. The Iwatas that had defects in the factory and did not pass quality control are removed from the shipments that are to be sold. Those airbrushes sometimes make it out the back door by employees & are sold on the black market (eBay).

As for Olympos, rumor says it went out of business and was bought by ex employees, and they are making them again.

The purpose of my post is for the truth, whether it's good or bad or whatever. Badger bought Thayer & Chandler and makes them. Are they "real" Thayer & Chandler now?

Anyway, here's what Olympos said:

View attachment 45114
View attachment 45115
View attachment 45116
View attachment 45117
View attachment 45118

On the fourth page it says stock will diminish, not a lot was made in the beginning. The prices will go up when supplies diminish, because making more parts (that don't have defects) are difficult to make. That would explain the temporary low prices.

On the first page it says they will make Olympos for a long duration into the future.

That's what I got from it.
Yes I saw that a couple days ago. I actually made a comment under it. From what he says on one of the pages. He inherited the companies warehouse with the stock left over from when they were in production. After emailing Toshiya and asking for certain models, that is when he said . We have alot of these, and not alot of those. Turns out, there are enough mp-200c ,sp-b, hp-100sb and all the parts for another 10 years. Just to name a few. The intention is to sell enough airbrushes to fund production on the models that need to keep being made.
THE AIRBRUSHES OLYMPOS is SELLING, were made in the same factory as the Iwata. That is a definite. It is new old stock (NOS)
So there will be Olympos in the future.
If I have to make them myself , I will :) :)

That's what I've tried to say, but none believed:) Toshi said this to me over a year or more ago by e-mail. And there was always the info on his fb page.
But I have not heard they want to start production again! Real good news! Let's all say him to start production side feed MP-200;) What do yall think?:)
I WANNA HAVE MP-200SB:)

That's what I've tried to say, but none believed:) Toshi said this to me over a year or more ago by e-mail. And there was always the info on his fb page.
But I have not heard they want to start production again! Real good news! Let's all say him to start production side feed MP-200;) What do yall think?:)
I WANNA HAVE MP-200SB:)
Yeah that will be great. We have to make that happen.
Its like letting Ferrari go out of business :)

Congratulations Andre!
I wonder what you'll say about the performance of it. I thought to by this one for myself, but I've got two HP-SB+. Seems like the difference will be only in black back handle and nozzle threads, but not in the way the AB works. The body looks just identical to iwata except three lines at the head.
But anyway, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts about this model.

I believe franks brushes have a unique set up that make them different from standard brushes, and improves performance. Reviews have been positive so far, and hopefully the members here who have one, will add their own. Be good to know what you think Andre:)

Congratulations Andre!
I wonder what you'll say about the performance of it. I thought to by this one for myself, but I've got two HP-SB+. Seems like the difference will be only in black back handle and nozzle threads, but not in the way the AB works. The body looks just identical to iwata except three lines at the head.
But anyway, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts about this model.

Actually, the difference is big. The Olympos hp-100sb is much better. see for yourself :)
http://artale-olympos.com/product/olympos-hp-100sb/

One of my customers bought the mp-200 first.
Then he bought the sp-b.
Soon after he bought the hp-100sb.
He swears its better than both of the others. He can't get over how it sprays :)

I have a 100sb and I will say it is much better than the hpsb. Much finer lines and 100 times smoother in the trigger action. I would compare it more to a .15 setup though as it is very finicky about paint reduction. It will do just as fine detail as my cm SB without as much effort but I have only had good results with comart and createx ill. It does not seem to like wicked. I put a solvent proof packing in it and it does awesome with hok. I actually use it more for solvents so I don't have to keep switching my micron between water based and solvent. Either way it is worth twice what it costs.

OK! What's the difference in performance?

I doubt very much if anyone at all including psychics and clairvoyants can see a difference in performance of a specific airbrush simply by looking at a photoo_Oo_Oo_O so seeing is believing and I think the only way to see it for yourself is to try one, but if like me you're happy with what you have, don't:) your question is as redundant as the statement you responded to since you could be furnished with any answer at all and without actually trying one out, every answer would be meaninglesso_O

I doubt very much if anyone at all including psychics and clairvoyants can see a difference in performance of a specific airbrush simply by looking at a photoo_Oo_Oo_O so seeing is believing and I think the only way to see it for yourself is to try one, but if like me you're happy with what you have, don't:) your question is as redundant as the statement you responded to since you could be furnished with any answer at all and without actually trying one out, every answer would be meaninglesso_O

You're totally right Malky. But I've watched the video not the photo and it does give me the answer almost like photo does;) I should try myself.
I think I'll try to install air nozzle from HP-100A Olympos onto my HP-SB+ iwata and I'll see what happens. I think, HP-100A and HP-100SB have exactly the same air nozzles.
But I think I'll try Hp-10SB somehow. Now I must say to myself: "Stop buying airbrushes! Stop... Stop... You've got enough"lol

Back