Okay, I have to ask...These Olympos being sold on ebay...

You're totally right Malky. But I've watched the video not the photo and it does give me the answer almost like photo does;) I should try myself.
I think I'll try to install air nozzle from HP-100A Olympos onto my HP-SB+ iwata and I'll see what happens. I think, HP-100A and HP-100SB have exactly the same air nozzles.
But I think I'll try Hp-10SB somehow. Now I must say to myself: "Stop buying airbrushes! Stop... Stop... You've got enough"lol

I can't see how banging an Olympos nozzle onto an Iwata can give you any indication either, o_O if the 100sb is as good as it is said to be I think it probably comes down to several important factors and not just the nozzle.

I can't see how banging an Olympos nozzle onto an Iwata can give you any indication either, o_O if the 100sb is as good as it is said to be I think it probably comes down to several important factors and not just the nozzle.

I've just compared the air nozzles from 100 series and HP+ series and can say they look different. I think it would be great to take a picture of them both.
I'll do it, if the camera catches both nozzles at one picture done in macro mode. So it wouldn't be only my words.
My opinion that the better air nozzle and paint nozzle are done and centered, the better result we can get in AB spraying. That's why Eclipse and HP+ series are different at work. HP series nozzles are much better centered and the space between air and paint nozzles is much smaller. So I think changing the nozzles between two brands airbrushes will give different results at spraying.
I think it's nozzles that most important at spraying.

I don't care much about trigger action, as from today I've got all my iwatas with soft springs from Foxy. So I'm satisfied with the trigger action. It's the spray action what I'm interested in:)

What I'm interested about 100SB is how fine the spray pattern of it is and what line for fine detail I could get from the AB. Iwata SB+ does well, but I can't feel calm if 100SB is better:D Seriously, I just want to use the best ABs of the series. If it's 100SB among HP series, let it be. But I can't choose one until I try it myself, it seems. I also want to know what people would say about comparison of 100SB to CM-SB and iwata HP-SB+.

I've just compared the air nozzles from 100 series and HP+ series and can say they look different. I think it would be great to take a picture of them both.
I'll do it, if the camera catches both nozzles at one picture done in macro mode. So it wouldn't be only my words.
My opinion that the better air nozzle and paint nozzle are done and centered, the better result we can get in AB spraying. That's why Eclipse and HP+ series are different at work. HP series nozzles are much better centered and the space between air and paint nozzles is much smaller. So I think changing the nozzles between two brands airbrushes will give different results at spraying.

I don't care much about trigger action, as from today I've got all my iwatas with soft springs from Foxy. So I'm satisfied with the trigger action. It's the spray action what I'm interested in:)

What I'm interested about 100SB is how fine the spray pattern of it is and what line for fine detail I could get from the AB. Iwata SB+ does well, but I can't feel calm if 100SB is better:D Seriously, I just want to use the best ABs of the series. If it's 100SB among HP series, let it be. But I can't choose one until I try it myself, it seems. I also want to know what people would say about comparison of 100SB to CM-SB and iwata HP-SB+.

I think you will find all you need to know without lifting a finger once @AndreZA has given his a good test run, if that's positive then I'm certainly interested in one, especially if @frank artale can do me one with a chrome back handle:) or at least let me know if any of the Iwata back handles can fit it:)

I think you will find all you need to know without lifting a finger once @AndreZA has given his a good test run, if that's positive then I'm certainly interested in one, especially if @frank artale can do me one with a chrome back handle:) or at least let me know if any of the Iwata back handles can fit it:)

I also interested in Andre's feedback as he uses CM-SB and thus could judge about the performance. I understand that 100Sb can't perform like CM-SB, but at least we can have comparison.

Iwata's HP+ A, B and SB back handles fit perfectly 100 A, B, SB of Olympos. I'll make a photo.

I also interested in Andre's feedback as he uses CM-SB and thus could judge about the performance. I understand that 100Sb can't perform like CM-SB, but at least we can have comparison.

Iwata's HP+ A, B and SB back handles fit perfectly 100 A, B, SB of Olympos. I'll make a photo.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes the iwata handles fit from the hp-a,b,sb and the plus series. but yes i have a chrome one. :)

I have a HP-B from about 20 years ago and although the handle from it fits the Olympos, it is a fraction narrower and you can feel the step. I don't know if sizes have changed in the meantime. The Eclipse handles doesn't fit. But the Olympos handle fits my Badger but not the other way around. But that is because it's an old closed-end design. Maybe the new open ends will fit.

I have a HP-B from about 20 years ago and although the handle from it fits the Olympos, it is a fraction narrower and you can feel the step. I don't know if sizes have changed in the meantime. The Eclipse handles doesn't fit. But the Olympos handle fits my Badger but not the other way around. But that is because it's an old closed-end design. Maybe the new open ends will fit.

So whats the verdict. you were on your way to love last night.

Guess where iwata is;)
I've tried my best to take good shots.
So the difference isn't that big, I'd say:) But both models have different nozzle threads and aren't interchangeable.
The handles fit each of the bodies without any step, chrome handle here is from HP-SB+.
Eclipse series and HP-BC+ (C+) handles compatible with C and D models of HP Olympos series.

P1010972.JPG P1010973.JPG P1010978.JPG P1010985.JPG

Guess where iwata is;)
I've tried my best to take good shots.
So the difference isn't that big, I'd say:) But both models have different nozzle threads and aren't interchangeable.
The handles fit each of the bodies without any step, chrome handle here is from HP-SB+.
Eclipse series and HP-BC+ (C+) handles compatible with C and D models of HP Olympos series.

View attachment 45198 View attachment 45199 View attachment 45200 View attachment 45201

Psssst.... I think you got a piece of GUM stuck on your trigger(s) :))
I'm only saying what everyones thinkin .
all kidding aside.

I have all 3 . how do u want them tested. what pressure, what kind of paints. how much reduction. I only have com-art & badger pre-fab opaque & transparents.

I have all 3 . how do u want them tested. what pressure, what kind of paints. how much reduction. I only have com-art & badger pre-fab opaque & transparents.

Frank, I don't actually understand whom to the question is directed:) What do you mean by saying "I have all 3"?

I use urethanes only, so for me the test should be done with this kind of paints and without air caps;)

One thing that I can say is that the needle is extremely sharp. Luckily I have not stuck it into my fingers like I've done with many other. I noticed that I had fine line horizontally than vertically. I looked under the loupe and saw the tip had a slight bend in. I tried to bend it back and I it broke off. Will see tonight how badly that affects the spray pattern.

Back