For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

old school phone :)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

No matter how many people I told I dont do internet on my phone the kept sending me messages trough facebook instead of just texting me , and I hate touch screens any way so today I bought myself a good old dumb phone :D
    jord001, Joe A and markjthomson like this.
  2. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

[​IMG]

You won't get any internet on this.
    Ronald art and doc1 like this.
  3. Joe A

Joe A Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

I still have my old StarTAC flip phone and it still works. Even the charger still works. That thing lasted through 4 years at Home Depot in the Lumber/Building Materials department and still looks new. You can't even sneeze at an iPhone these days without cracking the screen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ronald art and doc1 like this.
  4. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

I've still got my Nokia 8110 banana phone somewhere in the loft.

Lee
  5. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

I've still got the Nokia 8800 and still use it, still have all the original gadgets that came with it including second battery and charging/docking station:)

mephone2.JPG

the base of the docking station hes neon like lighting around it which can be programmed for different patterns.
    Ronald art, doc1 and jord001 like this.
  6. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Blimey, that's the one with the metal slider. I remember those. Bullet proof and will last forever. I still also have my Nokia 3210 and 8210 somewhere.

Lee
  7. Ronald art

I went for the Nokia 3310 new version as all my old ones went in the dump years ago :)
  8. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

This is nearly all metal, the slider and face around the glass is metal, the battery cover is metal and and even the buttons and button panel are metal, I bought it back in 2006 for the measly sum of €850 after being sick of all my other phones just breaking for no reason, it came sim lock free in a black box with the charger it is sitting in as well as the normal Nokia cable charger, two batteries, a Bluetooth ear piece for hands free driving and a protective leather cover for in your pocket, I think it was one the most expensive phones Nokia did, I used it right up until I got my first smart phone, a galaxy note 3 in 2013, it sat in a drawer not being used since then except during a couple of visits to Scotland to see my family the last visit being three years ago, each time I visited my family I put in a Tesco sim card to avoid high costs with my Dutch phone, I still have the same number now as I did back then, my wife and I are in the middle of divorce proceedings which facilitated my return to Scotland permanently and fairly quick, I had to make loads of calls to my family as well as official bodies here in the UK but it would have cost a fortune on my Dutch contract so I the old Nokia just see what it would do, which was nothing until I charged it up:confused::confused::), but when I did charge it sparked up nicely and I discovered I had over forty quid in credit, because it was a UK sim I was able to make all the necessary calls to home and still had loads of credit left by the time I got back to the UK one month later (2 February to be precise) so Nokia and Tesco between them saved me a lot of grief:thumbsup:

I am now in my own house house in the town where my family all live, been there for four weeks now, but the area where I live is known for it's bad mobile reception with folks frequently being cut off mid speech, I now have a Samsung S7 edge and can't get any reception at all except if I stand at the window which even then only had one bar on the teller, so I fired up the Nokia again and low and behold, four bars in the middle of my living room and no problems at all:thumbsup: so well done again Nokia:)

when I got my first smart phone I was thinking of selling the the Nokia until I saw a film called "Crank" with Jason Statham, in that film he used the same phone phone all the way through except in a part where he chopped a gangster's hand off who just happened to be holding another Nokia phone which I also had just before the 8800, he then used the gangsters phone to call his boss and give him some grief, so I thought if these phones are cool enough for Jason they will certainly do for me:), when my living room is fully decorated and properly in use I'll be displaying my Nokia near my telly, to save time I carry both the Nokia and my Samsung, I can still use all the internet functions of my Samsung without the sim so still handy to have around when I'm out, particularly handy with all my hospital visits so I can keep up with the news and stuff while wait the mandatory three hours to be seen:eek:

Sometimes Ronald, simple is best, I leave my smart phone in the kitchen at home in the evenings now and ignore it until the morning, most of my notifications are switched off but those that can't be just get ignored until I can be bothered,, here in Scotland when you order a taxi they send you a text to tell you your taxi is on it's way, one to tell you it has arrived, one to tell you that you have arrived home (thank god for that one) and one to thank you for using their service, I usually send one back to tell them if they send me another text I won't use their service again:)
    jord001 likes this.
  9. Ronald art

I know all about bad reception in Scotland and northern England , and now you mention it I lost signal in my house on the samsung galaxy and the LG more that once but I do have full reception on my Nokia and I agree simpel is the best . the new 3310 still has to prove it is as good as the old one but I take my chances with it
    jord001 likes this.
  10. Russ Allen

Russ Allen Elite Member! Elite Member!

Still got my Samsung Rugby lol think I may still have my motorola razor too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk