For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Old Toricon Airbrush?

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by ivanbbq, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ivanbbq

ivanbbq Young Tutorling

Hi, does anyone know there has ever been a Y-3 airbrush by Toricon?

I tried looking it on the web but no info is found.

I am hoping to know whether this is 0.3mm, double action, good or bad, etc.

Thank you very much.
  2. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Have a picture of it?that would help us out some,Also have you done a picture search too?sometimes you get a hit on things that you dont get in a reg. search.
  3. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Not one I've heard of, sorry.
  4. ivanbbq

ivanbbq Young Tutorling

toricon.jpg

Thank you very much for everyone of you.

This is the picture I saw on the web

Let's say, if this is a real Toricon airbrush, and it's probably a very old model so there is none information on the web.
    Is it a risk that the parts cannot be replaced if some of them has been oxidized or worn off?
  5. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Elite Member! Very Likeable!

These are newer versions of what you have, the actual manufacturer name of the brush is "Holbein" so I have no doubt you'll be able to find parts should you need them, certainly if you contact Chicago airbrush in my link, the name you gave is model name but you can clearly see Holbein written on the side in your photo:)

There is actually plenty of info to find just by googling Holbein airbrushes, I had no idea Holbeine made airbrushes, they are well known for their aeroflash paints, I also had no idea they Japanese, your brush looks a lot like the eclipse from Iwata, makes me wonder if it's a copy.
  6. Jfrejo

Jfrejo Young Tutorling

The airbrush is nothing like an Eclipse and it is not a copy of any Iwata airbrush. The airbrush you show in the picture is a very good airbrush, I dont believe it is made anymore. The newer models look similar to the Iwata HP range.
    vermontartsupply.com might have some parts for the older brushes as they used to sell them.
  7. BrianPaints

BrianPaints Young Tutorling

They did make a Y-3, but I'm pretty sure they're out of production.
    They definitely aren't Iwata copies. The "dash" series had a MAC valve in the head, so you would turn what is normally the head unit to control air flow.
    I got to try out an older Y-2 dash, and was really impressed. Spare parts and all that aside, I'd pick one up for the collection anyway. It's one of those cool little hidden gems that got overlooked.
  8. Sekta51

Sekta51 Young Tutorling

I have a nice little collection of these I have picked up over the years. They are great airbrushes, the first AB i ever owned was a Y1, needles are very sturdy. I now have in my collection a Y3, Y2 nad Y1 dash as well as a brand new Neo-Hohmi side feed. All needles and nozzles polished to a mirror finish so spray really nice. They are all antiques now but are extremely well built.