olympos sp-b nozzle question

So, was I right about how nice this parts combo is????? How close would you rate it to the Micron from a handling perspective? I ask as everyone seemed to want to play "pile on the new guy" for daring to mention it was close to the all mighty Micron -but what about now?! Did you get the HP-62 back fluid nozzzle cap as well?
Regards,
Chris the cabbie
"No matter where you go, there you are"
I won't compare it to the micron (my micron(s) produce a finer detail, with less air pressure, and are smoother to use), but do put it smack dab between an iwata hp-sb, and a micron. I already had the 200b, which uses the same nozzle, and guts - have always said it was a wonderful little brush, but would not call it a micron. This brush works just like the 200b, with the exception of the fact that I prefer the 200b's trigger. I did also purchase a few F1 trigger button's but they bind in this 100sb's body for some reason...

Last edited:
M a ybe you have some chatter in the milling for the trigger slide? You'd probably have wear an Optivisor to see it to be sure. Let me know what you find as I'm sure it's something to that degree as more than a few of the B grades tend to have this issue.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

M a ybe you have some chatter in the milling for the trigger slide? You'd probably have wear an Optivisor to see it to be sure. Let me know what you find as I'm sure it's something to that degree as more than a few of the B grades tend to have this issue.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

The 100 body is not a b grade, the 200 is. The trigger post on the F1 trigger (I have a half dozen or so) is several 1000's wider than the 100's and by the time the cross pin engages the slots inside the brush body, it causes the post to bind against the slot. I'll eventually get out in the shop and pull a few thou off each side of the post...

Yep, needed to remove a couple thou from each side of the F1 trigger post to work smoothly in this 100sb body. I think I am going to lower it about .100" and then re-plate it.f1-trigger-1.jpg

Back